Paula Deen

$75 MIllion For Huge Comeback

2/12/2014 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0212-paula-deen-02
Paula Deen -- like the Phoenix -- is rising again ... thanks to a $75 MILLION infusion of cash from a Phoenix-based investment company that could put Paula's wares in the back pocket of airplane seats.

Jahm Najafi clearly thinks the Paula Deen brand is still a marketable commodity, because his company is fronting the cash.

As for Najafi's plan ... we found it extremely interesting that in 2012 he bought SkyMall magazine ... which you've probably leafed through and then failed to buy anything from inside.  So the question -- will Paula's pots and pans end up in the mag?

As you know ... Paula was unceremoniously dumped by virtually all of her sponsors after confessing she used the N word to describe a person who robbed the bank she was a teller at in the 80s.

By the way ... in addition to SkyMall, Najafi owns the Book of the Month Club and Columbia House.

0212_paula_deen_through_years_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

The_incredible_mr_wizard

Good for her. I wish her the best. People seem to love watching others in misery. So she made a mistake. Does that mean she can never move forward? I hope she does well.

News Flash

Maybe Paula can show Beebs what eggs are for.

Eye roll

Good for her! She was dragged through the mud.

AwkwardCheerios

Paula is trash. Anyone who uses the N word is disgusting and should never reproduce. The fact that she got a 2nd chance just goes to show trashy people are. I'm surprised she hasn't been shot yet.

Yurra Knutz

Sky Mall have some interesting electronics

Korvin

Don't get me started on the N word. Paula got in trouble for using the N word and yet people can walk around the streets every day using the same word with their friends. Whats the difference? Skin color. The whole thing is just hypocritical. If you don't want people saying it to you as an insult then don't use it at all. I knew that Paula would recover from this stupid situation.

Pillsbury Pancakes

That's 25k for every time she's said ****** in the 90's?? Why do we reward this behavior, and what does it look like she's cut her hair to look like a lesbian Denny's waitress

ted

Wouldn't buy anything from this racist POS.

Ricardo Marquez

I'll support her before I support REAL RACISTS like Kanye, Jesse Jackson, Sharpton and all these others that cry Racism for a handout.

billybob

this racist Nazi hoe had a complete optical overhaul, but the bin of sh.it what's supposed to be her brain is still then same!

Ruth

Welcome back Paula...you have been missed.

myopinion

I will not buy anything with her name on it.

ShakenBake

A) I will NEVER give Paula Deen 1 cent of my money or watch any network that puts her on air. B) Do u think I am still legally obligated to purchase 6 albums or tapes from Columbia house???

chrlee8487

If someone was robbing me at a bank whether tgey white black brown or any other race ima call them what u want since they wanna be ignorant....i aint racist but i will say what i want especially when im in duress or in fear of my life

Tswint

Haters are gone hate and money is to be made. So wtbs I still love you and will buy anything with your name on it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5