Rihanna

I Was Bankrupt

Because of My Stupid Accountant

2/12/2014 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0211-rihanna-tmz
Rihanna
says her accountant made so many boneheaded decisions that he blew her fortune and she was "effectively bankrupt" by the end of 2009.

The singer claims in new legal docs she had $11 MILLION in cash at the beginning of 2009.  Rihanna says the accountant was not on the ball and she was horrified to learn at the end of the year she had $2 million left. To make matters worse, her expenses doubled, which left her on a financial cliff.

As for how Rihanna blew through $9 million in one year ... she says her accountant gave her the green light to buy a house priced between $7 and 7 1/2 million. So she took his advice. She ultimately sold the house for a $2 million LOSS.

She also claims her 2009 tour -- Last Girl on Earth Tour -- was losing money but the accountant never gave her the heads up.

The legal docs were filed in connection with a lawsuit Rihanna filed against her accountant, claiming gross mismanagement.

BTW ... Rihanna has rebounded nicely.  Her net worth is now estimated at $43 mil.

0212_rihanna_through_years_footer

Nobody Special

Wowzer.

For a minute there I thought she was going to have to ruff-it and stop the 100,000.000 Nightclub Tabs.

What would she do with no money?

vroomvroom

Cry me a riverrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Coupe09

All this fame and fortune and you can't get an experience top of the line, number #1 accountant. FOH!

franklyspeaking

13+ # 1 hits played thousands of times a day around the world? REALLY???

BLUE UGLY 💩

Jay-Z is banging her

Seldombinlaid

When I started reading this, I was thinking that she should really be watching her money. Then it dawned on me, that I don't know how much I'm worth. I have a set up like that, where my money is watched. I own a business, that does very well. I can't tell you what electric bills have been for my stores, or my home, and don't care,so no sense in making comments about this pretty gal. It happens, but I have two sets of eyes on these things. My wife is one of them, and I'm ill enough that, she's been told to watch the money. I doubt if I'm here come next Christmas. God Bless everyone, and enjoy your day.

Kev the Realist

Unfortunatley you cannot fix, stupid or trashy. She is simply an uneducated, SKANKY, ghetto rat.

Factual

Nobody deserves this more than her. Karma.

BB not bb

Well she is wising up and taking out the trash. First she got rid of a bad boyfriend, now a bad accountant. It is a shame how professionals take advantage of people sometimes. You have to keep a close eye on them and make sure that they are acting up to par.

Sara

Why is this breaking news why? why?

Truth

DUMB C*NT! LOOK, BITCH... NO 1 TOLD YOU TO BUY THE DAMN HOUSE -- YOU DID. STOP BLAMING RAMIFICATIONS OF UR DRUG ADDICTION ON SOMEBODY ELSE. SO THE ACCOUNTANT WAS FINE UNTIL THE IDIOT LIP-SYNCING MORON PULLED THE SWITCH TO BUY A LOSER HOUSE. #TRUTH!!

miss b

"A fool & her money are soon parted"

notalawyer

FIVEHEAD pot calling the kettle black...

Tyrone

Blaming one's accountant for one's uncontrolled spending is like blaming the car when one is cught drunk driving.

Quantum Lee

Did anybody else notice this is at the same time , the scandel with chris brown was.
I mean that really pushed up sells and her next album.
Soooooo can some one say conspiracy....