Big Boy

Loving Chicken Ain't a Stereotype

... 'Cause Everyone Loves It

2/13/2014 12:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
TMZ TV

021214_tv_big_launch
One of L.A.'s most popular radio star's, Big Boy (from Power 106FM) ... is the Martin Luther King Jr. of chicken -- because his confession about wings just helped kill a racist stigma, and brought all Americans closer together!

In related news ... Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley love beer pong.

tmz_on_tv

effthemedia

Amen brother of another color....

BB not bb

Isn't Colonel Sanders white? What is so long with liking southern food? Blacks are from the south originally aren't they?

Jackie

Fried chicken is a Southern thing......that a lot of other people enjoy too. No offense, BUT all those rappers going around playing up stereotypes didn't help.

ASHY LARRY

Dat B Good Stuff.

NOT ELMO

Big Boy -- Loving Chicken Is NOT a Stereotype................PERSONALLY I DON'T LIKE CHICKEN WINGS OR LEGS, I PREFER BONELESS CHICKEN, ANYWAYS, IS BIG BOY THE NEW JOHN STEWART GREEN LANTERN ?.....

DiM

I don't view regional cuisine as stereotypes. It's just the traditional dishes served in a particular region. Many like it, some don't. Who cares. Why do we need to attach negative connotations or expectations to it?

DiM

It's also a common traditional food in Korea and Taiwan. What makes the Southern fried recipe unique are the West African seasonings.

Gsharon 710

I think the most racist thing about Blacks and chicken, was, over ten years ago, a grocery store placed an ad in the paper, listing a great discount for chicken, to celebrate MLK holiday.
Of course a lot of people don't believe that racism runs into certain foods. Usually it is just a natural food people prefer. I always buy chicken, and when they had that sale, I trucked on down to the store, called my friends and family, and loaded up. If you wonder why Blacks are attached to chicken, you need to ask someone who attached it. Having said that, there are certain foods that are attached to every race I am familiar with, that other races would not touch, but I don't view it as being racial in a normal conversation, just a preference, or historical.

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

I've never had fried chicken before. My first time eating macaroni & cheese two years ago . When I visited the USA .

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

*was*

Vote2012

I do not like fried baked or any kind of chicken? What does that make me?

stringbender

The martin luther king of chicken has got to be the most racist statement I have ever heard lol. That was terrible but you guys just keep pushing.

tessa

Heck I like rainbows too

DDKITTY

Awww man....now I want some fried chicken.

MrsK

I'm gluten intolerant and cannot eat regular fried chicken anymore!! SCREW THE WORLD! .....

:::: end scene