Vera Wang

I Won't Help You Take Down Oprah

I'm Too Damn Busy

2/13/2014 12:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0213-vera-wang-01
Vera Wang says she's way too deep into fashion to be dragged into a stupid lawsuit against Oprah Winfrey.

A motivational speaker is suing Oprah for allegedly jacking her trademark slogan, "Own Your Power."  The speaker -- Simone Kelly-Brown -- wants Wang to sit for a deposition because the dressmaker was present at a big event where Oprah used the phrase.

Wang says the whole thing is preposterous ... she hardly remembers the event.

But even more important ... Wang says she's in the middle of the Super Bowl of shmatas -- New York Fashion Week.  Wang claims she's working 24/7 to prep for her big bridal gown show and it would be a major fashion faux pas for her to bail on her business to attend a stupid depo.

BTW ... the depo is supposed to take place less than 2 miles from Wang's office.

verlinda

Good for you Vera...busy, busy,

BLUE UGLY 💩

She wants to go down on Oprah, not take her down

FiendVinny

Its a phrase ... sick of people thinking they own everything, did she make billions off of one phrase? Nope.. I will use it right now.Own your power--now sue me! Haha

MrHarryBawls2016

Oprah Windbag and Tom Cruise are my 2 favourite gay celebrities.

Lina

It's a cheesy, predictable, entirely unoriginal catchphrase for a motivational speaker/self-help money grubber to have, so good luck with that lawsuit.

Good for Vera Wang for refusing to be a part of this bullsh*t (even though I'd love to see Oprah and her massive ego taken down a peg).

JiLL1

Another stupid lawsuit. I can't believe somebody can trademark a common phrase like "Own your Power"

MrHarryBawls2016

I like that hat. Looks like she's ready for Sochi.

Love,
A Concerned Parent

She's baaaack

I like her designs. You can't sue Oprah, she's richer than God and probably owns half of the lawyers in any given state.

Wingnut

Jackie Chan is making clothes now? Who knew?

Ankhara

It doesn't matter that the depo is 2 miles away, a deposition can take HOURS. She is a business woman in the middle of an important time for her, I don't blame her for wanting to attend to her work!

Rigby

Lol her dresses are cursed a lot who have picked her dress as a wedding gown get divorced.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

Simone has now received more publicity than she has had her entire career...no matter how long it's been.

DirkDiggler

Vera Wang ain't got time!

Jennifer

It doesn't matter if the depo is next door. If she's busy, she's busy.

hotgmama

What a ridiculous lawsuit. It's like trademarking "go for it" with the expectation that someone would not use it. There are few original words, lady. Geez. She is someone looking for her 15 minutes and money she never earned. Take care of your business, Vera.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments