Ellen Page

'I Am Gay'

2/14/2014 8:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen Page -- who hit Hollywood hard with "Juno" -- just came out in pretty spectacular fashion -- declaring she's gay and saying, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission."

The 26-year-old actress formally unveiled her sexuality at the HRC's Time to Thrive event, an LGBT conference designed to help the LGBT youth, saying, "I am here today because I am gay ... and because maybe I can make a difference."

Page said, "I suffered for years because I was scared to come out.  My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.  And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of the pain."

Her next big film is "X-Men:  Days of Future Past."  Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same.

k

Ellen gave her moving speech at a LGBT event which supports LGBT youth. For the haters...what have you done to make this world a better place? Just asking.....

Mark426

Yawn... I hope you got the attention you apparently so badly need. No one cares about sexual prefs.

Mark426

Oh..I am gay...LOOK AT ME!
Nobody cares what you sexual bend is.

PRMETFAN

Yet another lesbian degenerate in hollywood who is surprised? Are there any heterosexuals left in Hollywood?

daisy

I can't imagine what it's like to hide a secret like that every day since childhood - it must be exhausting, and scary when you think someone has guessed or that you may lose your job or friends or even family relationships. I saw a phrase today I liked - Never underestimate the courage it takes to be yourself. Someday it wont matter, but while it still does, it takes a lot of courage for people in the public eye to be open about who they are.

BostonGreekGirl

Good for Ellen Page! YAY!!! She is a great actress and she deserves to find someone to love and be happy with just like everyone else. E

Agent of Judgment

Ok, She's a lesbian, It obviously took quite the toll on her, But i find it unnecessary to say, If you're something then you're something. I think if someone is sure of their sexuality, They have no need to spread it around, It looks more like "I need to convince the public, For them to convince me" That kind of thing. She was obviously hurt by what she said, i think even there at the conference she wasn't ready, she had eyes of regret.

lordvoldemor

OMGGGGGGGG the best speech everrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i just love herrrrrr. love this neewwwsss

lordvoldemor

i wanna se her girlfrienddd...please tmz

NeuralDagger

She is a cutie, but of course I assumed she was a lesbian. But lesbians rock, if I was a girl I would like totally be a lesbian

Chrissy

Who cares!!!!

bobbie

would lick her ass .then anal **** her. then *** on her face.mmmmmmm heaven

Frosticles

I just wonder what her parents think of this?!!

Frosticles

Is this because she was molested as a child star? If so that's the story she needs to tell.
Why is it that those who embrace perversion were one-time in the business as children?

Joey

She just needs a got PENIS in her ya know!