Ellen Page

'I Am Gay'

2/14/2014 8:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen Page -- who hit Hollywood hard with "Juno" -- just came out in pretty spectacular fashion -- declaring she's gay and saying, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission."

The 26-year-old actress formally unveiled her sexuality at the HRC's Time to Thrive event, an LGBT conference designed to help the LGBT youth, saying, "I am here today because I am gay ... and because maybe I can make a difference."

Page said, "I suffered for years because I was scared to come out.  My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.  And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of the pain."

Her next big film is "X-Men:  Days of Future Past."  Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same.

maria2408

I've always thought she was beautiful and always had a feeling she was gay, love the news. She is the best ,it takes a lot of courage to say it in public! F'ck the haters by the way :)

Vote2012

WHY does every person who is gay feel as if they need to announce to the world they are gay? Do they think we care and we are going to celebrate with them? In my opinion this is just another reason to dislike gays.

UTKR

Why is this important?

Observer

Oh, Shut Up. Who Cares who you want to be intimate with. Isn't that supposed to be intimate?

WHO CARES who you want to bone, and why do we all need to know? Get over yourselves already, your making a spectical of yourselves. Stop being so self important as if the world revolves around your personal revelations.

It's Really getting tired.

zachb

You could tell through most of that interview, she was very nervous. But good for her. I am all for equal rights. Color, sex, gay, bi, straight. Who really cares what they do? If they wanna get married, F it, let em, hows it effecting your life? Its not. Think about yourselves and not about other people.

zachb

Why is it so important? Because their are ****ty laws and states that disallow gay couples to be married. And so many people think its so wrong to be gay/lesbian. How does someone being gay effect you? It doesnt. Maybe if we accept it, maybe it wouldnt be such a big deal?

Carl Fredricksen

If gender isn't a big deal, and the gay community really cared about equality - then people wouldn't have to attach such publicity and enormous attention to those coming out. They're not brave or courageous, but desperate, drama craving, attention-wh0res...

itstoodarnexpensivetolive!

Whoop-de-doo. I'm hetero and if I were famous would I really need to make an announcement of it??

LatinKing13

Is anybody shocked by this?

Joe

Please don't consider her a hero. Being gay does not make someone a hero. It just gives you a one eat ticket to hell if you act on it

BlackIvy

Oh my gosh really?! I would have never have guessed!!!! News flash to all gay people. Trust, we know already. No need to announce.

Mrs Butters

Has anyone retracted their gayness?

Skerv

So why be gay in front of everyone. It's nobody's business. I like to f--k women but I don't run around screaming and making a big fuss about it

annie

glad to see few people saying she's shoving it down their throat, when she was at a gay youth conference and talking to them. anyone who complains about gays being themselves and coming to these threads has issues anyhow, because if it bugs you so much (even though you don't control your sexuality, it's what God gives you, and your body reacts), you wouldn't click on the stories, and heaven's to betsy, you wouldn't waste your time commenting on something you don't wanna discuss! lol

GOD bless her!

annie

#1 - she did not force this news story that TMZ decided to write, upon you. YOU chose to read it yourself when you could have just moved on. #2 - she did not force you to spend even more of your precious life writing a comment about it, again, after you say you don't care #3 - she doesn't owe you any apology for speaking to a gay youth conference and giving them someone to look up to who they know. not one damn bit! #4 - Jesus Christ loves her exactly as God made her. She doesn't answer to you and your judgment of her. Only Christ judges the soul, not any bigot, whether they be a parent, teacher, or preacher. Only Christ is given the power to judge. #5 - JOHN 3:16 WHOSOEVER believes shall not perish, but have everlasting life. If you're a believer that there's a God who created the galaxies, just know that God loves you for YOU, and you answer to no one ultimately, but Christ. If you're not a believer or a different belief, I do not judge you for not believing the same, that is your choice. I am speaking to those who will listen, who have been told Jesus doesn't love them for who they are. Jesus most certainly loves you! More than anyone... GO TO GOOGLE AND READ "THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT" THAT JESUS GAVE. YOU WILL BE BLESSED!