Ellen Page

'I Am Gay'

2/14/2014 8:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen Page -- who hit Hollywood hard with "Juno" -- just came out in pretty spectacular fashion -- declaring she's gay and saying, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission."

The 26-year-old actress formally unveiled her sexuality at the HRC's Time to Thrive event, an LGBT conference designed to help the LGBT youth, saying, "I am here today because I am gay ... and because maybe I can make a difference."

Page said, "I suffered for years because I was scared to come out.  My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.  And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of the pain."

Her next big film is "X-Men:  Days of Future Past."  Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same.

campy

who cares

kr

if anyone actually watched the speech.. it was really moving. She was so nervous

Gen

I'd like to report to TMZ that I am not gay. I made the announcement last night in front of my television. I was watching my VHS copies of American Idol, Season 1. I served frozen mac and cheese on a snack table I bought on sale at Target. Admittedly, I had a little to drink before I took the big step because I was nervous. But, I did it. It's out now and I feel liberated. I am not gay. Feel free to contact my people for details and photos of the event.

Imperial Majesty

I'm not a lezbo, or a chick, but if I was I would definitely munch on that rug.

trinicont

WHO CARES STUPID GAY PEOPLE THINKING PEOPLE CARE IF THEY GAY OR NOT

BB not bb

Well i couldn't hear the audio very clearly on this. The sound was very low. She always seemed off as a person . She seems very shallow and vapid in a non cutesy kind of way. I guess declaring that she is gay makes her seem edgy and cool to herself.

I heard something about that she doesn't want to feel placed in a box by being called straight. That is actually being called normal. I guess being normal is not cool enough for her. Then she says she was taken aback that someone asked her why she was wearing sweats to the gym. She seems to think the answer is that she is gay so it is alright.

Real women wear sweats to the gym. You don't have to be gay. She really has no sense of herself or the world, yet she gets all preachy with her supposed expertise. Years ago young people would know a sense of shame and keep their mouths shut if they knew they were doing something wrong. Now they are proud of it like it makes them a hated minority that must be protected.

I think the young people are turning into psychopaths. Right and wrong mean nothing to them, only what they want counts and counts like it is the Bible.

Double Bubble

Who cares if she likes scissoring a chick.. This gay sh*t is boring and so not worth the attention. Gay people wonder why they are targeted..Hellloooo, ever hear of discretion? It's no ones business who you sleep with, so why make it everyone's business by ANNOUNCING your sexual preference? Enough already, ya whiny little fruitcakes who think the world needs to know everything about your life.. There's people in the world who cant be honest about falling in love with someone who isnt their same color, or religion or culture.. That's not interesting either, so why should this be?? ITS NOT

3Storms

They ant to be treated as equals yet allth ey do is bully teir degeneracy down people's throats while ignoring real human rights oppression like the African genocide or the daily murders of Christians in the middle east or Chinese oppression while defining "oppression" as two dudes not being able to marry. Makes me sick.

intertextuality

WHO CARES

Brenda Baldwin

You are brave, I see you being afraid to say the words...good for you to have the courage to say them!!!

NOT ELMO

Ellen Page -- 'I Am Gay'................ANNA PAQUIN WANTS TO SAY HI

Chgome

so am I, so what

drm445

Who cares? Great. Another person who feel like its their duty to announce who they are f**king. I'm not against anyone's lifestyle. I am against telling the world about it. Its no ones business.

Bec215

Beautiful speech. Love is the path to all good things -no good ever comes of hate. I hope other celebs follow suit and draw courage from her words.

al92lt1