Ellen Page

'I Am Gay'

2/14/2014 8:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen Page -- who hit Hollywood hard with "Juno" -- just came out in pretty spectacular fashion -- declaring she's gay and saying, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission."

The 26-year-old actress formally unveiled her sexuality at the HRC's Time to Thrive event, an LGBT conference designed to help the LGBT youth, saying, "I am here today because I am gay ... and because maybe I can make a difference."

Page said, "I suffered for years because I was scared to come out.  My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.  And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of the pain."

Her next big film is "X-Men:  Days of Future Past."  Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same.

Sloane

I've never had to stand up in a room full of people to say that I was heterosexual- nobody does!
I hope that soon the world will no longer feel the need or the right to know to cause anyone to stand to claim their sexuality (or their relligion or political view for that matter)
does Ellen work hard and do her job well- yes
does she behave as a good citizen should- yes
that is all I need to know about her and all that anyone should need to know
and she didn't have to stand up and announce it
you just see it and know from her actions/behavior

Ruben

everyone hating as usual, you guys make me sick, she's speaking from the heart, it shows, and i felt it because i feel the same way she does, its sad to see how many people in other countries are treated like **** for being gay, fortunately here in America we have rights to protect ourselves from people like you trhowing comments of homophobia all around, again and again, show love *******s, **** you all

Stillwaters

She's adorable and a great actress.... She deserves to be happy, and I hope she still continues to find good work, though I haven't seen too much of her lately.

SumSum

I don't give ah damn...just put out great movies,I can careless who u prefer to sleep with...It's ur business not mine!!!

brandon

so fing predictable. who really cares. its funny how gay people have to make a big speech about how there gay to everyone. you dont see strait people doing this.. she just wants attention

Jah36

Obviously this is a very disturbed woman. Homosexual behavior is not normal. It never has been and it never will be. Hopefully she gets the help she needs.

Theresa

No One Cares Anymore...

IceGypsy

Ummm why do people feel the need to announce this? I don't run around telling people I'm strait lol. Who cares

MC GRUNT

So I guess she wasn't getting many offers pretending to be straight? Juno was a long time ago, but what the Hell,.Say you're Gay and get A: Grammy, NFL Contract, NBA Contract, Oscar, Olympics, ect, ect, ect

plbh

I just registered to say how touched I am by Ellen page's speech. At first, when I read the title of the news, I felt like "ugh, why do they feel the need to say they are gay" No one cares!". then I watched the video and it was beautiful. I even teared a little out of emotion LOL

I just want to say I feel bad for people suffering this way because of who they are. I hope the world keeps changing for the better. I am not gay so I can't really relate but I do have gay friends and I know it's hard to lie about that kind of emotions, but not only being gay/lesbian... the fact that people get bullied and people get bashed because of who they are, their clothes or what they do it's a shame. Hopefully one day it will be normal to not be "oh so normal".

Frank Lee

Gays could tell right away she was one of us <3 p.s.**** all TMZ ***s and **** TMZ

quit whining

Didn't every already know that... Old news

Carl Fredricksen

WAAAHHH, I'm not gettin' enough attention so I'll go on national TV and tell the world I'm gay!!! WAAAHHH, now I can brag I fought in a bigger fight of civil rights than slavery was for blacks... Waahhhh, I poured sand deep into my vag on purpose...

cujothedog

Me thinks this announcement was a dire attempt at 15 minutes of fame - I have never heard of her nor could I care less if her tendencies were towards dogs, cats or otherwise - no matter which way she bends, she is a reasonably unattractive troll anyway....
Thankfully for her TMZ, in their never ending attempt to make people give a poop about peoples sexual tendencies, has latched on to this story and kept it in the headlines for what seems like weeks now. At a way Harvey - bore everybody in the country in attempt to further your very slanted agenda....

JP