Ellen Page

'I Am Gay'

2/14/2014 8:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen Page -- who hit Hollywood hard with "Juno" -- just came out in pretty spectacular fashion -- declaring she's gay and saying, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission."

The 26-year-old actress formally unveiled her sexuality at the HRC's Time to Thrive event, an LGBT conference designed to help the LGBT youth, saying, "I am here today because I am gay ... and because maybe I can make a difference."

Page said, "I suffered for years because I was scared to come out.  My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.  And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of the pain."

Her next big film is "X-Men:  Days of Future Past."  Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same.

Sili'LilSkoolgrl

Who's Ellen Page and why should I care that she's gay? No need to hold a F'ing press conference.

Sid

Those in middle America that would be concerned with you chosen lifestyle don't know who you are. Those in Hollywood would be hypocrites if they cared. You need to come to terms with your own life. If you think coming out solves life's problems you are very wrong.

choke

Look at all the pathetic a** s*** bigots talking all their stupid! You all that are talking sh*t about gay people are f*cking idiots and need die off!

OziasP

What's up with all these gay announcements who gives a dam

jack

It's so funny how females who look like little boys and old ugly men, think no one knows their gay and lesbians.

WickedSouL

Really wow?..and who cares?

Rigby

Not shocked at all....

Misfitttt

next up Kristen Stewart!

tgrfan42069

gays really are diva's..its like when one person comes out.here comes another celeb to steal their thunder.funny ****..sorry sam the football player but ellen just stole your lime light

Zombie Whitney Houston

Not a surprise at all. Honestly, I thought she came out years ago.
If only all lesbians looked like her. Unfortunately, most seem to look like guys or weigh 300lbs.

Hell's Belle

"I'm so surprised!" Said no one ever.

Skar

Being gay must be some kind of celebrity thing now.. Seriously, these celebs are coming out, left and right.

Verdi e Amarello

F em if they don't!

bob

I guess if it has to be announced and, subsequently, gushed over we haven't really progressed all that much, have we?

tgrfan42069

being gay is the hip new fad in america.