Ellen Page

'I Am Gay'

2/14/2014 8:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen Page -- who hit Hollywood hard with "Juno" -- just came out in pretty spectacular fashion -- declaring she's gay and saying, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission."

The 26-year-old actress formally unveiled her sexuality at the HRC's Time to Thrive event, an LGBT conference designed to help the LGBT youth, saying, "I am here today because I am gay ... and because maybe I can make a difference."

Page said, "I suffered for years because I was scared to come out.  My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.  And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of the pain."

Her next big film is "X-Men:  Days of Future Past."  Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same.

Yo bitch

Quacks like a duck looks like a duck it's a duck.

Johnson

"Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same"

In other words, if her **** career doesn't improve now that she's a lesbian TMZ is going to attack !

Apparently being gay is the new Scientology.

I'm still trying to figure out how everyone can stay out of your bedrooms and stop being so obsessed with what people are doing sexually if gays keep and "coming out" to everyone!
If you're all doing this for YOU then why do we all have to hear about it?

Krighton

What a waste... so sad for her.

traitorwithinme

A million hearts just broke

Turkishchubs

Your gay. Aaannd??? Do you know how much we don't care nowadays? Ex: TMZ commenters I am here today to say I am 6 feet tall, now clap for me.

canrelate

Wow! Make sense now that she is out! Takes a lot of courage

Reed Richards

How is this news? Did anyone out there honestly NOT know she was gay? What's next TMZ? A shocking revelation that Richard Simmonds is gay?!?!?! *gasp* You don't say!?!??!

Le

Why r more gays coming out. Why do you haveto tell us? We probably already know. What does it do for you? Get relief? Approval? Insurance? Taxes? I liked it when it was just known. I'm not gay but have plenty of gay friends & it's o.k. They don't announce it, it's just known.

Marie

We already knew.

BUTTWEAVE

wow coming out as gay is so brave......in 1990 maybe. everyone is gay these days. jesus christ.

kimkardashisatrainwreck

Guess what!? I'm straight!! Maybe I can make a difference eh!? Who cares Ellen...really. Do you want a gold star now?

tucker

Shocker. NOT! Since she has ZERO chemistry with men onscreen.

CremeBrulee

She just outed herself as the next Jaonene Garafolo. Not a good career move.

Jen

umm... she was out when Juno came out. it was well known then so why is this news now?

Candy