Ellen Page

'I Am Gay'

2/14/2014 8:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen Page -- who hit Hollywood hard with "Juno" -- just came out in pretty spectacular fashion -- declaring she's gay and saying, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission."

The 26-year-old actress formally unveiled her sexuality at the HRC's Time to Thrive event, an LGBT conference designed to help the LGBT youth, saying, "I am here today because I am gay ... and because maybe I can make a difference."

Page said, "I suffered for years because I was scared to come out.  My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.  And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of the pain."

Her next big film is "X-Men:  Days of Future Past."  Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same.

notalawyer

Who will be the next to come out... Melissa Etheridge?

Astrogenotype

I see the future... Everyone with the name, Ellen, is gay.

Your S&M Girlfriend

I could have told her that a few years ago.

King Anton

So the hell what, no dude got a boner from her anyway. Next story TMZ...

fafie

Seriously is this in fashion now why is it require to validate your sexuality do straight people come out n say they are ok good now do u want a metal? It's ur life n love whoever you don't owe anyone anything so please stop advertise am gay unless you are expecting a prize

stephanie

What a NARCISSIST. Nobody gives a ****. This is just another attention starved idiot.

stephanie

Ellen who?

stephanie

Hey everyone, I'M STRAIGHT!!! I'll let you all know when the press conference is going to be held.

JAG II

Jesus Christ , now they do press conferences to announce this? Who gives a $hit who she lays her head next to at night

Dfer

I think I need to sit down you guys... I did not see this coming.....

static

It's 2014 it's not news anymore.

ihateTMZ

It was not a press conference idiots, it was an LGBT event. Also, I hate that people have to "come out" I could not care less who you lay with at night.

buggsy16341

*ATTENTION*ATTENTION PLEASE* I would like to announce that I am heterosexual...now that this earth ****tering news has come out, please proceed with your lives.

Clytemnestra

Good for you, Ellen. Every person who comes out makes it easier for others to stop living a lie. Living in a closet wreaks havoc on your mental health and relationships.

BigSamStewart

It would have been courageous to do this at the height of her career when everyone was talking. Now it's just a publicity stunt.