Beyonce

Half-Brother Needs Food Stamps to Eat

Dad's the Bad Guy

2/15/2014 8:38 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0214-matthew-knowles-getty
Beyonce's dad is so far behind on child support payments for his illegitimate kid ... his baby mama is destitute and has to use food stamps to survive.

We're told Alexsandra Wright hasn't seen any money from Mathew Knowles since we posted our story back in December -- when he allegedly owed $24K. We're told he now owes $32,135.90.

Wright -- whose son is Beyonce's half-brother -- is now on public assistance ... and gets $300 a month on a state-issued EBT card to pay for food and other expenses.

0214-sandra-wright-knowles-card

Sources tell us Wright went to court for help ... but the judge is noodling over exactly what to do.

As we previously reported ... Knowles insists he's not a deadbeat dad ... and has blamed a clerical error for the delinquency.

Yurra Knutz

Hello sis?
*click*
Hello?
HELLO??

Dls05004

So wait, I have four half siblings, we were all raised separately, my dad only raised me (Im the youngest), Im the most educates and wealthiest, and my father never paid child support. If I follow the logic of some of you, I should be supporting them, right? HELL NO! What happened to personal responsibility, I am not my father, I do NOT pay for his sins! They are all adults let them go get their educations and pursue their life's interest. SECOND if this illegitimate child is still a minor its between its parents to work out the issues, that the man has a wealthy daughter doesnt mean she should feed the thing! I wouldnt want bill gates to pay for my food stamps if he were my half brother, ITS NOT HIS RESPONSIBILITY! JUST LIKE THE NATIONAL DEBT ISNT THE RESPONSIBILTY OF THE TOP 1%!!!

Sincerity

It's an "ABSOLUTE SHAME" that an innocent child's welfare isn't being taken "SERIOUSLY" by his father. No wonder, Beyonce has chosen to "DISTANCE" herself from this man. If I'm not mistaken, Matthew Knowles has recently "REMARRIED" and has moved on with his personal life. Alexsandra Wright should do everything in "HER POWER" to also provide for their child rather than wait on the courts to force Matthew Knowles to honor his financial obligations. She's been running him down almost from "DAY ONE" for financial support and by now she should be getting "TIRED OF THE GAMES"!!! Sure, he's obligated to pay her child support but that doesn't mean he'll do so willingly!!! In the meantime, she needs to be "REALISTIC" about what the future holds for her and her child. Frankly, it doesn't look good!!!

Lisa

She cant help a sista out? WTF!

Adele

Why should Bey contribute to the welfare of a child that was conceived when her dad cheated on her mother. It's quite possible that she may not even know this child. Girlfriend is learning what many women learn when they cheat with married men. He's just using you until another piece of free a** becomes available.

annie

wow!
even though it's not her fault, I still think I would certainly make sure my half-brother had a good fair living if I was worth $100 million+

just sayin'. maybe she's trying to get her dad to take care of this first, ya know?

EnquirerLover

I guess just like Americas sweetheart Julia Roberts. Queen bey ain't **** in real life. The amount of money she spends on a manicure alone would help her brother. It's not his fault that you both share the DNA of a punk. Beyonce should feel shamed about not helping no matter what the cir***stance is with her dad and the BBM. Just like her own husband JayZ, having kids on the side happens.

Alani Kane

That's not Beyonce's problem, she knew what she was doing when she was trying to have a baby for Mr. Knowles who was well-known and MARRIED. Beyonce did the right thing by firing him as her manager or her hard earned money would have went to this bastard child.

trinicont

BLACK FOLK STUFF

PoorLilBitchGirl

A) Where is the mother's job? She is ALSO responsible for financially taking care of her son. Child support is meant to COMPLIMENT the money the other parent pays for the child, not entirely fund, support, or provide income for the child or the mother. B) This particular father is obviously a complete jerk off and dead beat. He should be held accountable for his non-payments with the same sanctions and punishments as other non-paying parents. C) My guess is that even if he was paying his mandated child support, this mother would still be cashing the monthly welfare checks and taking full advantage of EBT/SNAP, rental assistance, daycare assistance, utility assistance, laundry soap, toiletry, and clothing handouts, etc. I am making this assumption because of the same point I made in "A". This woman obviously can't support herself either. The state doesn't provide $300/month for one child's food. That amount is for a 2 person family and again, child support collection is not a career. However, welfare collection is severely trending to become a top profession. D) While I personally don't care for Beyonce, this is not her responsibility at all. Perhaps when her half brother is an adult, she will help him out with getting a college education or something of the sort. Would give money to a mother who wasn't doing her part to also take care of the child? I wouldn't. We also don't know the personal cir***stances behind this situation. The mother or child is not ENTITLED to Bey's money. Sounds to me like this mother thinks she is or she wouldn't be running to the media with this story. She obviously has no sense pride or personal responsibility. I will admit, I am slightly biased. My husband not only made on-time court ordered child support payments for 13 years, but he also paid for every other expense his son incurred- school supplies/clothes, monthly lunch tickets/money, athletic fees (including pics, necessary uniform, shoes, etc.), summer camps, club dues, hobbies, weekly allowance, putting back $$$ for college, school registration fees, etc. I could go on and on. And this was ON TOP of regular child support payments. When his son decided at age 14 to move in with us, in order to avoid a court custody battle, he had to agree that his son's mother didn't have to pay ANY child support or she wasn't going to willingly let him live with us! Over the last year, she has given my step-son a grand total of $10 to use toward lunch money and has refused every time we asked her to contribute to any of his school or athletic related activities. Complete BS!!!

Zee

Not Bey's problem. In what universe does a daughter have to support her father's kid born from adultery? Put the crack pipe away please!

Michelle2ewcute

This **** needs to get a job

BeyondtheBS

It's not Beyonce job to take care of a whore child who slept with a married man and got pregnant in hopes fame and a paycheck! Do y'all pay yall deadbeats dads child support? Why would she?

Brooks

Absolutely not Beyonce responsibility ! His mom needs to get a job if she doesn't have one. Mr . Knowles needs to pay his child support. Regardless to how he got here if I were his sister he would not do without. No I wouldn't provide for his mom just him. Clothing, education ... Not in a over the top manner. Why because he is a child, & my brother . Although it's definitely not her responsibility.

Don

For crying out loud woman. If you love your child. Get a job then worry about the child support. Stop looking for a "Hand out". We american taxpayers are tried of you dead beats. $300. a month, just sitting on your butt. B.S.