'Snake Salvation' Star

Dies From Holy Snakebite

2/16/2014 12:48 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0216-pastor-coots-01The pastor on Nat. Geo's "Snake Salvation" died Saturday night ... after one of the snakes to which he prays bit him.

Pentecostal pastor Jamie Coots suffered the fatal attack while preaching to his Kentucky congregation.

Emergency units raced to the church ... but the reality star had already left and gone home.

The show's website explains the Pastor and his followers believe the Bible says a poisonous snakebite will not harm them as long as they are anointed by God’s power.

EMTs went to Coots' home but he sent them away ... refusing care ... an hour later he was dead.

It's unclear if they were filming during the sermon.

A rep for the show says the "Snake Salvation" finished filming last year ... and they never intended to film a second season.

Jennifer

Idiots.

Beast Mode

Does religion make people stupid, or are only stupid people religious? I hope the snake was unharmed.

Luz

He acted like an arrogant idiot, he paid the price.

Runtunk

God don't play and he give us common sense no to play with a deadly snake me myself I run from them

kartrashions

What is the condition of the snake? Did it contract a case of ignorance?

Thizz √$

That's what you get dumb azz

joeluv007

I guess his God was on a coffee break so he was not protected

tony

I did tell them it would happen, apparently Pentecostals don't like to listen to Mediums.

vettman

What a stupid ass. At least the wacko Scientologist only believe in Martians and aliens from that nonexistant planet called Wackosville.

AFTRA

That's what we call 'thinning out the herd'

goldilx5150

Did he think he was Apostle Paul? Remember Paul got bit accidentally, and God protected him. People forget who God is talking to and WHAT he's talking about.

Californiadesi

Religion is the greatest brainwasher of them all.Millions have died before him following their religion.
He died of stupidity not snake bite.

PeaRidge

They should all be arrested for animal cruelty. Buncha creeps.

Jason

My heart goes out to the Coots family. Regardless of your personal beliefs, Jamie Coots was one of the nicest and most thoughtful people I've ever worked with. I spent the better part of last summer with him and his family. He was a loving father and devoted man of faith who always had time for someone in need. He invited us into his life and made everyone around him feel like family. May he Rest in Peace.

Victoria Jenn

Just because your protected and anointed by God does mean act irrational by rejecting physicians and Medicine that could save your life,sad this is how people are believing. For example that's like me running into the street and I get hit by a car. I got hit by a car because I didn't look both way before crossing the street . As people who believe we still have to think logically.