Selena Gomez

Back to Boozing

After Rehab Stint

2/17/2014 2:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0217_selena_gomez_drinking_twitterSelena Gomez is hitting the bottle hard after bailing from rehab just weeks ago.

Selena proudly re-embraced alcohol by posting this happy hour selfie on Instagram.  We've confirmed there's booze beneath that whipped cream.

TMZ previously reported ... Selena checked into The Meadows last month to rid herself of alcohol, weed and Ambien ... and Justin Bieber.  She bailed 2 weeks into the 45-day program to go to Sundance and then said she was cured so she didn't need to return.

Selena's rep claims she's got no problems handling her liquor.  But when you're calling your cocktails "dessert before dinner" ... you may want to think about the next 12 steps.

0205_selena_gomez_through_years_footer

Sin D

Atta girl...But loose the whip and double up on the hootch ...yo...ya sleep better...and not get sugar sick...Cheers

opiates.com

This amount of pressure is one of the reasons patients are scared of looking for help! Nobody knows the real reason she was in rehab and what her aftercare should be.
Lets not judge and label people, let's be a bit more forgiving and compassionate.

Youphemism

She may be in the danger zone, given her history, but it's tough to say this qualifies as a "problem." 12-steppers would attack anything like this, but different substances tug at different folks in different amounts. When I quit tobacco, I stopped even the occasional drink for a while, because that's when smokers really get the urge to light up. But at some point, I resumed the occasional drink, because I knew where I was at, craving-wise. And that's something only I could know. By the nature of their job, addiction specialists are extremists. And there's not a big downside to following their advice. But that doesn't mean every person who follows a different path will spiral downhill... Just the vast majority of them.

Other than dating Bieber, she seems like a relatively nice, levelheaded person, with people around her who care (unlike Bieber). Her behavior sets off a few red flags, but she also may be just fine. I wouldn't get too into the judgmental thing just yet.

The important thing is, she's doing well at going cold turkey on the cold turkey.

nibziebreazy

Yeah, it totally looks like she's binge drinking here.

PG

She and Justine mush have the same PR team. They are trying to take their goodie goodie image to bad girl image.

ted

Stupid twit. Way too much money and zero intelligence.

JS

Yeah hitting the bottle hard huh, one of the most gassed articles I've seen on here in a long time

df

Oh TMZ. I am so thankful I chose the pursuit of academia and science over the banality of Hollywood. You guys would have crucified me when I was that age, doing the normal things young adults do...

boo boo

Another home-schooled nit-wizard

News Flash

Dessert for breakfast

chicago_animal

Who's the Hottie next to her?

mick

I did the same thing when I was her age and didn't end up an alcoholic. It's called being young and partying. If you didn't do that then you missed out.

boo boo

Selena: if I post this picture of me sucking on a straw like it was Beaver's peen, people will think of blow-jobs and that's awesome publicity for me!

moe

She is a JOKE! She was anorexic years ago. I am sure that she still has an eating disorder too.

its420somewhere

I drank a Mikes hard lemonade before 1:00pm, i didn't have breakfast, so now i made myself a weak ass tuna sandwich because I felt like a turd, i wont do it again....or will I ??? I'll be 29 in 2 days!!!!