'Thicker Than Water' Star

ARRESTED For Turning Her Kid Into a Truant

2/18/2014 9:37 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0218-brooklyn-tankard-mugshot
Brooklyn Tankard -- one of the stars of Bravo's "Thicker than Water" -- won't be winning any Mom of the Year awards ... she just got popped for allowing her kid to skip school.

Tankard -- known as "Queen Brooklyn" on the show -- was stopped by cops in Murfreesboro, Tennessee for a traffic offense ... and a license check turned up some outstanding warrants ... including one for "Failure to Cause Child to Attend School."

According to court docs ... Tankard's 10-year-old daughter, Diamond, had 16 unexcused absences from school ... and had another 35 unexcused tardies.

So they arrested Brooklyn for not forcing her kid to go to school.

She was booked and released.

7700boi

Man, diamond needs her ass whooped!!

Denver

"arrested for not forcing her kid to go to school". Maybe "arrested for not encouraging her child with the benfits of an education" would have been better wording.

NeaJ

Smh! That's unacceptable. A parent is supposed to set an example for their child. If a 10 year old isn't made to get up on time for school or attend school at all, that is the parent's fault. Ben, come get your grandchild from her unfit mother!!

Gretel

I'm not aware that I ever tuned into Bravo and I'm beginning to think I know the reason why.

TuxThePenguin

um...education is thicker than water... just sayin'...

Jamey Hunter

I'm assuming she did not contact the school for the absences. 16 is nothing these days and certainly not enough to justify a warrant. Ridiculous.

Rigby

So sad... At such a young age she should still love school and her friends. Before she gets to high school and hates it. Horrible mother can't be bothered with her daughters education

Luz

I'm glad to see authorities are enforcing responsibilities of bringing up a child on certain parents. Some people think children are an accomplishment or an accessory, but they are not anywhere close to stop or change their lives to accommodate a kid.

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

What is up with Bravo& their criminal employees? Yikes!

DTD

Such a wonderful role model.

Clytemnestra

What do you expect from a reality show person? The s*** of the earth whether Beverly Hills or anywhere else.

Tracey

Her child is 10!! Certainly not in high school. And yes she should make sure her child gets to school. 16 absences is pretty ridiculous and 35 tardies is outrageous. Really? Wake your sorry butt up and get your child to school. My mom always woke up with us even if she didn't have to be to work that early. I was the same way with my kids. I'd never let them fend for themselves - it's called responsibility!!

Clytemnestra

An irresponsible parent teaching her child how to be another one.

cece

I watch the show.
Brooklyn's parents ( dad and step mom) seem very concerned about Diamond's welfare. dad asked her for custody of the little girl who BTW is very sweet.
I hope things work out for the family

user name

She's probably to lazy to take her too school! I've never met a kid that young that doesn't love school!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments