'Thicker Than Water' Star

ARRESTED For Turning Her Kid Into a Truant

2/18/2014 9:37 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0218-brooklyn-tankard-mugshot
Brooklyn Tankard -- one of the stars of Bravo's "Thicker than Water" -- won't be winning any Mom of the Year awards ... she just got popped for allowing her kid to skip school.

Tankard -- known as "Queen Brooklyn" on the show -- was stopped by cops in Murfreesboro, Tennessee for a traffic offense ... and a license check turned up some outstanding warrants ... including one for "Failure to Cause Child to Attend School."

According to court docs ... Tankard's 10-year-old daughter, Diamond, had 16 unexcused absences from school ... and had another 35 unexcused tardies.

So they arrested Brooklyn for not forcing her kid to go to school.

She was booked and released.

DaDa

I'm sure she sees no problem with her child missing school either. I'm sure the child would be better off being home schooled by her. Cough, cough....

Sheldon Siegel

Ironic that she got "booked" and for making sure her daughter can't read a book.

MrHarryBawls2016

High school should be discontinued. Its a time for parties and pranks and most kids at that age just don't have the time for books.

jazuno1

Who???

elpablo

Give me a break! Sreggin don't really take education seriously anyway.

w

Honestly that's BS, she shouldn't go to jail! What is happening with this country. 16 days is nothing

freaksloan

It is all Whitey's Fault!

Black people never do anything wrong. That is what I have learned.

2rightTy

If my parents were rich like hers I probably wouldn't give a fu(k either

Tre2

16 times tho!!! I didn't miss that many days from K-12 combined!

Linda3223

why should the child go to school, her mother not around to make sure she does

MrHarryBawls2016

We used to do lots of funny pranks in high school. One time, I threw the vice-principal right off the roof of the school into some bushes, badly breaking his ankle. He came up to me the next day (on crutches) to shake my hand and tell me what a funny joke that was. I will NEVER forget that day..

Farrakhan Ashy Larry

At least they didn't beat or shoot her.

Dead@27

Diamond best not be playin' no rap-cr@p thug music from her car else whitey done gunna shoot her up.

fandinomia

Wow.. I see there's a lot of stupid, ignorant little 14 year olds on here. You people need to get a life. Anyway, that "law" seems a bit ridiculous and against our rights. I hated school and put my mom through hell trying to ditch all the time. I regret those days and still feel terrible. If she even attempted to call the police, I would disconnect the phone. (I was a little b*stard.. yea yea).. I couldn't imagine her being thrown in jail for something that was completely my fault.

notalawyer

Is that her NATURAL hair color...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments