Michael B. Jordan

Screw Critics, Fans Will

Love My Black Human Torch

2/21/2014 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

022114_michael_b_jordan_launch
Michael B. Jordan has a message for all the hating comic book fans who say a BLACK man can't play the extremely WHITE Human Torch -- CHILL OUT!

Jordan just got the the role of Johnny Storm in the upcoming Fantastic Four remake -- even though in comics, the character's always been blonde-haired, blue-eyed ... and has a white sister Sue Storm (Kate Mara got that role).

Last night at Chi Lin in WeHo ... we asked MBJ what he would say to critics who said things like: "Don't cast a black guy to play a white super hero. It's just not right!" ... and "no no no no no no and nooooooo!!!"

Check out Michael's answer. One thing's for sure ... Black Torch has way more swagger.

Tori

No one care when Jessica Alba (a Latina) played Sue Storm

Superbowlchamps

He was great in Parenthood. If you don't watch that show you need to. It's on Netflix. I now hate the winter games because its not on because of them.

LisaL

Who cares if it's a black guy. Extreme geeks need to chill out. He's a good actor and hopefully the remake won't be crap like the first F4 movies.

Teresa andrews

Anybody who would expend an ounce of energy worrying about the race if a comic book character is seriously strange.

Lucky_130

Instead of doing remakes, can they just make a Deapool movie already

Lucky_130

DEADPOOL MOVIE!!! NO MORE REMAKES!!!

R

They wouldnt dare make a black character white but white to black is alright? Thats my problem right there. I wont be seeing this either way, its a horrible cast choice

Sweeny

I think they should remake shaft and cast Steve Austin lil

Charles

The Black Nutty Professor, Black Dr. Dolittle, The black HoneyMooners, Black Steel Magnolias, Black Gay Spiderman, Black Nick Fury, Now Black Johnny Storm.....

Can you imagine if they remade Shaft, The Jeffersons, Sanford and Son, Good Times, Dolamite, and many other black characters as white characters?.... Riots.

So, why is it ok to remake every white character as a black character?

Why not just create new and original black characters?

Skywalker

why is tmz tryin to act like the people who are "hating" on him aren't racist. if he was gay they would be so quick to yell HOMOPHOBIC.

Ih8Taxes

What a stupid choice. Needless to say, I won't be going to see this movie.

Sweeny

The problem is there is no way Mara and Jordan could pass for siblings if u change one characters race you gotta change both and any body who read the books knows the torch is the whitest arrogant frat boy ever the last torch was perfect casting and I hope I'm wrong cause I hate bad movies

William Foresman

WTF? First it was Nick Fury who's always been white and now Johnny Storm?

Sweeny

Could I get that check

Black Adam

Stop ruining comic book movies ! I'm Black, and I think that they should of used a white guy. That's like making Luke Cage white, or Vixen chinese. Heresy!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments