« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Richard Petty to Danica:

I ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE

... Let's Race!

2/21/2014 11:16 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0221-danica-richard-getty-01Gentlemen ... and ladies ... start your engines -- 'cause Richard Petty says he's ABSOLUTELY DOWN to race Danica Patrick in a 1-on-1 grudge match after trading shots in the media.

Of course, this whole thing started when Petty criticized Danica's crappy record -- and D.P.'s friend/team owner Tony Stewart said Petty and Patrick should settle their beef on the track.

Well, today ... Petty went on "Fox and Friends" and said HE ACCEPTS.

”Yeah you know, I’m 76 years old ... and it’s been 25 years since I’ve been in a racecar, but I’ll take that challenge.”

He then asked, "When's this gonna happen?"

Good question -- ball seems to be in Danica's court now.

022114_richard_petty_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Vote2012

King Richard will blow her doors off, she is not a race car driver, she is eye candy for NASCAR.

H8Kardash

Danica is useless

Clins

Another old white guy that thinks he can do something because he did it when Nixon was president.

Columbo

Another one Clins??? So please tell us.....who are the others? Btw. He also did it when Reagan and Bush were President

static

He's saying what a lot of people are thinking but don't have the cojones to say and is willing to back it up.

JMitch

I'm a woman and I think she's embarrassing. If you're going to put yourself in the middle of a male dominated sport then you should perform at the same level. Otherwise, don't bother.

teresa10findley

I personally cannot wait till Sir Richard puts this no talent, crybaby, loser in her place. Maybe she will do us all a favor and just quit. All she seems to do is crash into people anyway and prevent the real drivers from competing . She is a lost cause. Where do I sign up to see this train wreck?

Cj

Hopefully he will meet her on the track and school her on how to truly race with the big boys..She will never ever come close to " THE greatest race car driver of all time".....

MGFunk

To all you redneck, women bashing, trash dumpsters....GO PHUK YOURSELVES-

Mark

The King, Richard Petty with a 6 lap lead of a 10 lap race. He'll use the first 4 to ring her bell a few times before he wrecks her.

Bama

Sit down you dried up old fart score you break a hip or something.

Kim wells

Richard act your age, take it from someone that is close. You should have a lot of respect for Danica for previously stepping into a man's world with quite a bit of femininity and elegance and wanting to learn and prosper. Thanks to Tony who is my driver, he has a lot open mindedness and thinks about the sport and wha he can do to. better it, which you have obviously forgotten due to arrogance, or dementia. I truly hope if the race occurs you don"t get injured and she mops the track with your "old" problematic assistance.

Columbo

Speak English, Bama.

Ronald Christopher

Petty is being a real prick here. He and I are the same age. Grow up Petty.

Edstoby