Simon Cowell

I've Got This Baby Thing All Backward

2/21/2014 7:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Simon Cowell flashed his new daddy skills -- in front of all the paparazzi -- and FAILED MISERABLY at the dreaded car seat test.

Simon and Lauren Silverman took their newborn Eric to the doctor Friday for a checkup. Lauren said the baby's doing great -- and then it was Simon's time to shine ... or not.

Watch what happens when he attempts to load the kid into the car. If we're being honest ... Papa Cowell made a big no-no.

Good thing his driver has baby seat experience.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Simon is an idiot

Boriqua

What a Douche .

FlamingoNut

Paps need to stay away from kids, PERIOD.

Patlouela

Yeah, so what ? Prince William got the car seat in but didn't get the straps on the kid right...being a first time parent is frickin stressful..can u imagine doing it in front of the whole world ?

d-nutt

Do you realize what losers all of you are? You just wasted 1:02 of your lives watching, mesmerized I bet, by a man put a car seat into a SUV.

Simon is a cool cat. Not self-conscious at all while cameras are clicking at him fukking up a car seat. He doesn't give one fak, but all of you do, don't you? Keep living the dream people.

oh really

Infant carrier should face backward and be in the center of the backseat of the car , not the side so the two parents can sit next to each other.
That is that womans second child , she should know that

Your S&M Girlfriend

I have no use for Simon Cowell, but is that the best you have?? He has probably never handled a baby or its care in his life , aside from never using an infant car seat and having no clue of how it should be placed in a car for a newborn. I give him credit for having more pap hours with his baby than your darling Kum and Koongay have had since theirs was born. Cut him a break, he's a new father. I mean new ... I doubt if he has ever done anything with a baby before. The baby sure is cute.

DaDa

Once back to the pad I'm sure the nannies take over.

Dennie

Wow. I would have gotten mad at the paparazzo with the flash. I was nearly blinded and it wasn't even pointed at the video lens. And whoever was videotaping this practically went into the car while Simon was making his first time Dad mistakes; it felt like a real invasion of personal space POV moment. I felt bad none of the paps seem to care that what they were doing would wake up baby. Simon, get some security.

cluesarethere

Glad he's proactive in his son's life. First babies are learn as you go... Wishing health and happiness to the family.

riverfront

Leave celebrity kids alone. So he struggled, new parent, guess everyone at tmz never makes an opps.

A viewer

He already looks fed up. The baby thing isn't going to last, he'll pay whatever but it's just not his thing.

Gretel

Infant carseat aside, did you catch the pap saying "IS THAT A BOTTLE?" Smart mama pretty much ignored the freak because it was obvious that the next question would be asking her if she was nursing her child or formula feeding him. I don't care for Simon Cowell but he looked nervous and I get the feeling that he's got the new father thing going on with his son, being totally in love with him, so good for him. Children should be off-limits.

oh really

every pediatrician tell parents to practice the car seat before the baby is born and nobody ever does..

Jennifer

At least he's trying to be a parent and being active in his son's life as much as he can. I know he's got a busy lifestyle, I think it's great that he took the baby to the doctor himself instead of sending it with a nanny. I know that's what father's are supposed to do, but it seems like a huge pain in the ass with all the photographers around.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments