« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

I Have Cancer

2/23/2014 7:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0223-jake-the-snake-wwe-01Jake "The Snake" Roberts has a cancerous tumor behind his knee ... and the wrestler says it's slowly growing into his muscle -- so he needs emergency surgery to remove the growth.

Roberts tells TMZ ... he noticed a tumor behind his knee the size of a half dollar last month so he had it tested ... and on Friday doctors told him the test came back positive for cancer.

Jake says he's scheduled to go under the knife Tuesday morning ... and after a few weeks off -- he'll make his return to Jersey Championship Wrestling on March 14th -- cancer, or not.

Jake adds, "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."

As for his upcoming induction into the WWE Hall of Fame ... the wrestler says nothing will stop him from getting to New Orleans for the ceremony.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jordan

Lol who cares about this guy. He's just a body builder who can't wrestle sh*t since it's all fake. People should start watching real wrestling.

Death2Fanboys

You Beat Alcohol and drugs Jake. Cancer it's just a bigger opponent. DDT it's ass to the floor! GO JAKE GO!

Bubbaboy14

Best wishes to you... Speedy recovery we love you!

Ant Fuller

Best Wishes Jake, give cancer a DDT!!

Teresa andrews

Terrible news. I wish you the best!

pat kelly

You gotta be a real idiot to watch
"wrassling"...and idolize schmucks, like Hulk Hogan, Jake the Snake, or any of those other losers! It's almost certainly steroid related, and probably benign....so, who cares? Get a life, "Wrassling" fans...not news!

pat kelly

What a JOKE...Jake the Snake has Cancer? Where? In the tiny Brain? No, behind his knee..Probably 'steroid related'. I don't watch "Wrassling", and I don't idolize morons like Hulk Hogan..or Jake the Snake..got better things to do w/ my life! Cancer, My AZZ! lol...

scott

Well wishes! One of my all time favorites!

Ferndog68

Your life has been one hell of a ride. Glad your doing better and this too shall pass

elviss

jake has always been an azzhole'
I do PRAY for the children but NOT YOU !!!!!!!!

LR

One of the greatest ...good luck Snake.

mark

don't you ever report important news or good charity works???????????

Mia

I grew up watching Jake "The Snake" Roberts when wrestling was Mid-South. My prayers are with him and his family.

The Zombie

After all he's overcome, now he has to deal with cancer? Life sure has a sick sense of humor.

David

I enjoyed watching Jake the Snake on tv and in person. He is 1 of my favorite wrestlers in the business. I want to wish him the best and hope he recovers quickly. He's a very classy person.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments