« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tony Hawk

There's ONE Rapper

Who's LEGIT on a Skateboard

2/25/2014 7:41 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

022414_tony_hawk_launch
Sorry Lil Wayne ... Tony Hawk says there's one rapper who's skateboard skills are FOR REAL ... and it ain't Weezy.

"Honestly, the best skater that I've seen who raps is Tyler the Creator," Hawk says.

"He really can skate ... He's legit."

Tyler's been skating for years -- and he's got the scars to show it. In fact, he once got 6 staples in his head after injuring himself in a skating accident when he was 14.

As for Wayne, Tony says he has seen him out on his board -- but in the nicest way possible, told us the guy's just not a natural.

Bonus -- We also asked Tony about his upcoming video game ... and Tony tells us he's been banned from talking about it. So ... Tony Hawk can't talk about Tony Hawk Pro Skater.

Something weird about that.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Nay

Tony's outside is 40 but everything else seems 16, including his clothes...seems like a nice guy though.

James R. - Los Angeles

Nobody cares about skateboarding, tony hawk.

jenfitz

Will he may be 40 ' but he making money and beside you can grow and still live life and dress how you want at 90 . @nay hope you don't waste away at 40 thinking you have to dress a certin way at 40 .

Vote2012

How come there are no black snowboarders or skateboarders?

AllieHughes

True Legend. When i was 12 , i went into the hair salon and said "give me a Tony Hawk" haha. Had to explain to the lady how to cut it and i walked out of their and strutted my stuff.

Sheldon Siegel

Most of my heros from whem I was a kid are either dead or close to it and that hasn't fazed me. But seeing Tony Hawk look like and older high school coach mkaes me feel old. lol And I'm 53. hahaha
Maybe it's because I don't really follow boarding and the few times I remember seeing him he was a kid.