Seth Rogen

Urges Senators to Get 'Knocked Up'

2/26/2014 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022614_seth_rogen_launch

Seth Rogen testified before a Senate subcommittee Wednesday and pledged allegiance -- to "House of Cards."

Seth went to Capitol Hill to voice his support for legislation to increase funding for Alzheimer's research.  Seth's mother-in-law suffers from the disease.

By congressional standards, Seth was hilarious ... and a little too hip for the room.

Safe to say Senator Tom Harkin, Chairman of the Senate Appropriations subcommittee, is not a big fan of "Knocked Up" ... but he was clearly amused.

Check out the video.  Pretty funny.

0226_seth-rogan_tweet

Deer diary

aww, he is cool.

sammy750

It is interesting that only 2 senators were seated for the committee hearing. Senators are NOT interested in helping those with Alzheimer's This lack of interest shows the American people how worthless Congress is

Deer diary

Seth is bringing national attention to the issue and folks who would otherwise not even think about this are hearing about it. may be a small impact but still great. I think it's awesome. of all the things he could do with his time...this is what he chose. kudos Seth!

Carl Fredricksen

Hey Seth, STFU and just give her ALL your weed. It's medicine, right?? Weed cures everything, right?? dumb@$$, ignorant, uneducated actors...

Usagi-chan

Ugh seriously the title of this article is ridiculous

Cynic

good to see Seth doing something for a good cause. +1 browny point

JiLL1

He's doing a good thing. Increased funding for research could help millions in the future. Alzheimer's is so debilitating

SeanymakkFrmNy

I see nothing wrong with this! He didn't put on a front, he acted himself and he expressed a concern for a horrible disease, as a caretaker of my late grandma who suffered from it, it's horrible and I'm glad he did this. So what if he's not a law school grad and just a stoner comic!

Sara

TMZ I just defended seth rogan and at the same time I want to bring an issue with you. I'm not saying you didnt present the most amusing or entertaining footage which i get is your job but why couldn't you show even one minute of seth rogans actual serious testimony about Alzheimer's and not just the comic relief he provided every once in a while. it does make him look like a joke in front of the senate when in actuality he provided an insightful and thought provoking speech.

SchoolTheRookies

I see he was tying to do something good but from my perspective I don't see how anyone could take him seriously. He is a comedian but there is a time to be a comedian and a time not to be. This wasn't the time. If he stayed on topic and spoke seriously without having to read his speech word for word, I would have been impressed. This is not impressive although he gets an A for effort.

Mike

This guy made a mockery of the senate today by him just being him. He has the dumbest, most obnoxious laugh. Terrible actor, idiotic personality, and a total joke. He's not as bad as a Kardashion or anything, but he's just as annoying.

veighey

Seth one funny guy

JAG II

Why do people post crap on here about I make money from my home blah blah . Get a ****in life losers. Comment on the article or not at all. Losers! !!

Nicholas Saint

Not a funny thing My grandmother is stage 5 I live with this crap everyday How is someone telling jokes helping her ???? Let me speak to capital hill they have the resources to fight this but they choose not to They choose to give drugs so we spend money for nothing but a hope and dream that never comes

negreat

I guess Seth wants to go into politics because his movies aren't going nowhere.so the tax payers will have to pay for his political career because he can't make the people pay for his bad movies lol

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3