McDonalds

Man Sues for $1.5 Million

They Only Gave Me ONE NAPKIN!!!

2/27/2014 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0227-mcdonalds-01
McDonalds
has made a new golden arch enemy -- a California man is suing the company for $1.5 MILLION ... because he says he only got ONE NAPKIN with his meal.

Webster Lucas claims he was stiffed on napkins at the Mickey D's in Pacoima, CA on January 29th -- after ordering a Quarter Pounder Deluxe -- and when he went up to the counter to ask for more, he was rudely rebuffed by the manager ... who insisted he already got some.

According to his lawsuit, Lucas -- who is black -- then retorted, "I should have went to eat at the Jack-in-the-Box because I didn't come here to argue over napkins. I came here to eat."

Lucas subsequently emailed the general manager to complain -- insisting he couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish" he was suffering as a result of the napkin debacle -- and says he was insultingly offered free burgers in return.

Lucas wants to super size instead -- $1.5 million.

uptownrich

Another Lawsuit Happy S*$thead. That's NOT what the Courts are for, you Idiot. Not only do I hope McDonalds wins I hope he is Prosecuted for filing a Frivolous Lawsuit!

Draxflygon

At first, I figured there was more than a silly napkin, but then I read on and slowly gave up hope.

It was one thing for the old lady to sue for the coffee spilling in her lap. She had a real reason. It was way too hot and the coffee gave her extreme burns.

This is flat out silly. If you want more napkins, go get them yourself! It isn't that hard to go and get them. It is pretty dang easy. So what you have to move? You can get the amount of napkins you want that way. Unless the person is like, "NO, you sir, are not allowed anymore napkins." Then that is different, but did that happen? Nope.

Now, onto this quote, "That's when Lucas says things got racist -- claiming the manager (a Mexican-American) mumbled something about "you people."" How the heck is that racist?! I say, 'you people' all the time. Does that make me racist? You people means everyone in general. Like guys. People call both genders guys, even though there are some girls. Does that make them sexist? NO. It's just an expression to simplify things. It might have been a busy day and the manager might have had enough with the costumers, but even then, that comment..

"Lucas subsequently emailed the general manager to complain -- insisting he couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish"..." Seriously? Heaven forbid! You didn't get those napkins. If it really made you like that, you clearly need to go get some help. Because who knew napkins can do such a thing like this! Like is said before, get your own napkins. There /IS/ an area for this in all the McDonalds I been in. If not, go somewhere else to get your napkins. I bet there is another food establishment next door or a gas station. This whole thing is just... I don't even...

If there is another part of the story that hasn't been spoken of, making this suing have a good reason. Until then. I will flip the tables.

Angel

I think maybe this idiot is suing the wrong dang people. He needs to sue his parents for teaching him it is okay to sue people over such stupid ****. This entitlement crap is way out of hand. I also think he needs to suck it up and be a man and not a little whining bitch. Oh boo hoo someone told me no. How rude.

Alexander

Go get an EFFFN job instead of suing people over a NAPKIN. Lazy POC. "Oh I am broke so I am just going to hire some ambulance chaser from the back of the bus ad and try to get some $$ minus his 45% (at least) retainer" B**ch please! - oh and last food for thought.. why is it always my mothers / sisters/ brothers best friend that makes $280/hr doing - whatever - its never the person who is writing this nonsense garbage!" You want people to listen - Say you're making that - idiots.

Champagne Jayne

BA DA BA BA BOMP.......I'M HATIN' IT.

Jason Reichman

He makes racist remarks and wants to sue over a napkin. Put this guy in the mental hospital.

stringbender

How much can I get for them not giving me any ketchup for my fries? Next up we can sue each other for breathing each others air.

liz

I could sue for 5 million for all the times I didn't get a napkin at all. Really?

Jay Dee

Any chance we can see some evidence that the lawsuit is about napkins specifically? It seems more likely to be based on the racial discrimination.

Kalvin

I am BEGGING you to print the name of the lawyer that filed this claim. Honestly, please, I am begging. we want the name of the lawyer that would dare to file such a frivolous and vexatious claim as this.

Crystal

It amazes me how people think they can sue over so little. I mean i once found hair in my sandwich at wendys and i emailed them and they didnt even respond. Atleast they offered him free food. I would of been happy with that.

backofftmz

Just went to mcdonalds. They only gave me 1 ketchup. Im gonna sue! 2.1 million

jcm

Can you say gold digger and LAZY BUM! There are millions of people with bigger problems!

Mari

well..Im pretty sure this is how the manage McDonalds...I live in a good area and you are lucky enough if u even get ONE napkin through the Drive thru..Then If u go inside they only give napkins with your order but if u need extra ones u are forced to go to the counter and ask for more. Napkins are nowhere else inside the restaurant ...

Lynn