McDonalds

Man Sues for $1.5 Million

They Only Gave Me ONE NAPKIN!!!

2/27/2014 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0227-mcdonalds-01
McDonalds
has made a new golden arch enemy -- a California man is suing the company for $1.5 MILLION ... because he says he only got ONE NAPKIN with his meal.

Webster Lucas claims he was stiffed on napkins at the Mickey D's in Pacoima, CA on January 29th -- after ordering a Quarter Pounder Deluxe -- and when he went up to the counter to ask for more, he was rudely rebuffed by the manager ... who insisted he already got some.

According to his lawsuit, Lucas -- who is black -- then retorted, "I should have went to eat at the Jack-in-the-Box because I didn't come here to argue over napkins. I came here to eat."

That's when Lucas says things got racist -- claiming the manager (a Mexican-American) mumbled something about "you people."

Lucas subsequently emailed the general manager to complain -- insisting he couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish" he was suffering as a result of the napkin debacle -- and says he was insultingly offered free burgers in return.

Lucas wants to super size instead -- $1.5 million.

Lorima

**** I should sue them for 2 million cause I don't even get any napkins

wow

what a joke so he got one nakin . there is no racist about what was said. you people mean money hunry drama queens. Hell i was throw out of a taco bell by a black manager for coming to a job interview he setup some years back . An i heard alot more bad thing and word out of this tao bell guy then what this guy is claiming happened. An mine was becasue he made a interview at the busy time of the day. i should of sue i guess. I think McD should sue him for there time being wasted.

Carol Anne

Publish the namne(s) of the lawyers who take these cases. They deserve all the bad publicity you can give them!

mike

This low down idiot will lose this case. If he tries to lie under oath, he will spend time in jail. It's called perjury which is against the law in all levels. This shouldn't even be on the news at all: NATIONWIDE!!!
This dude really don't have nothing to go by unless he has doctor note to prove he went to a mental hospital.

William Foresman

Losers sue for the most ridiculous things. Get a job!

Leen1961

CASE DISMISSED! Hits gold digger in head with gavel.

Leen1961

One day, many years from now, generations from now, there's gonna be SOMEONE who sees a. Offer cup from McDonald's which says, " Caution: HOT LIQUID" and they're going to ask themselves and other people with them what kind of IDIOT society we were having to have such things written down for us. They're going to say, " What bloody IDIOTS have we been generated from?!"

Gsharon 710

fIRST OFF, I am NOT an idiot. If you really think so, I invite you to KMBA. Now, I ordered pancakes, got home and had no syrup or jelly. When I called them, they told me I had to request them. I was not about to use gas to go and get it. We are good at giving advice before TMZ has checked everything out.

tgrfan42069

the headline is misleading.seems to be more than just over a napkin

WallyJaz

This pathetic LOSER should be shot, you are a *****

lubagels

If this douche gets 1 penny I will have officially lost all faith in America. Forget this guy... the lawyer that took his case should be stoned to death.

Jacob Yambrick

I didn't even get a packet of salt with my fries last time I went. I don't think it was racism, I think it was them just being cheap. I mean really, how much can a packet of salt cost, $10?

cmholm

Details of the suit: I've tried wading thru all of the comments prior to posting, but I've lost the will to live, so my pardons if this is a reprint...

I didn't believe this was for real, so I searched the LA County Court's civil suit search, and for a $4.75 fee I've got this summary:

Case Number: BC537633
WEBSTER LUCAS VS ANGEL ARCIGA ET AL
Filing Date: 02/27/2014
Case Type: Civil Rights (General Jurisdiction)
Status: Pending
Parties
ARCIGA ANGEL - Defendant/Respondent
BARRERA LETICIA - Defendant/Respondent
DOES 1 TO 5 - Defendant/Respondent
LUCAS WEBSTER - Plaintiff & Plaintiff In Pro Per
MCDONALD'S CORPORATION STORE #25565 - Defendant/Respondent

cmholm

The idiot is representing himself. I don't know if the case has actually been dismissed yet (per LEEN1961), but if not, I'm guessing soon. I was too cheap to pay the $7.50 to view the PDF of the complaint, so I don't know if Webster used a McD napkin.

Letsgo

Really do you have nothing better to do with your time and energy... that your sueing over Napkins... MY GOD THIS WORLD REALLY HAS GONE FOR A $#!T... people need to get a life,,,