Chris Brown

Anger Triggered By Bipolar Disorder

2/28/2014 11:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0228_chris_brown_court_tmz2
Chris Brown has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, severe insomnia and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ... and that's why he has had such anger issues ... this according to new court docs.

Chris was in court today for a progress hearing in the Rihanna beating case.  Documents were filed by the facility where Chris just completed 90 days of anger management therapy. In fact, Chris stayed longer, just completing 95 days.

In the legal docs -- obtained by TMZ -- an official from the rehab facility wrote that ... in addition to his diagnosis ... Chris was self-medicating inappropriately.

The facility writes, "Mr. Brown became aggressive and acted out physically due to his untreated mental health disorder, severe sleep deprivation, inappropriate self-medicating and untreated PTSD." They never explain the cause of the PTSD. The letter also says Chris was diagnosed with Bipolar II.

The letter says Chris is on meds for the bipolar and other conditions.

Chris has learned various relaxation exercises, according to the letter, and he's tested negative for drugs, including weed, during his stay.

The facility says he's doing really well.  It says he gets up at 5 AM and works hard.  They say he's been especially good with community service, saying, "Mr. Brown's attitude has been beyond exemplary in regard to his community service responsibilities."

CJ

Please... How much did he pay for this diagnosis? Everyone has problems. He should have a sick kid or have to be a caregiver to elderly parents. Spoiled brat!

davy

My momma told me beauty fades! She did not lie.

bmsvds

Bipolar disorder? Ya think?

Bean Reel

There is no official medical diagnosis for jackazzz. They'll just call it CBBS (Cris Brown BS) from here on in.

ChinLee3

You don't say???
What are the odds of that!!

Your mom

Of course he's bi polar I bet no one saw that coming.

Kalosi

I feel like this is plausible and not surprising BUT, it's still no excuse or free pass. It's still outrageous that after all these incidents he has done no jail time.

Kev the Realist

What a crock of Sh*t. How the hell does he get PTSD, he is a freekin angry, woman beating sociopath but I guess they cant report that to the court. BiPolar, yeah right he is a complete A$$hole and regardless of the diagnosis any best on how long before this moron goes off again..... I'm betting within 3 months...90 days... then we will see what he his priced lawyers have to say... Let me guess he is being persecuted for being a flaming Ahole.....

Kartrashian Klown

I feel bad for him. Drake seems like a good man for Rihanna, doesn't need meds to be normal,too.

bernergirl

Whatever the explanation of his actions, it should not excuse hos actions.

TuxThePenguin

this "diagnosis" is a crock of sh*t. I apologize if my post sounds repetitive in any way. I did not read the previous posts on accounta' I got summ'in to say: this is total BS, home-turd ain't bi-polar and he sure as hell ain't got PSTD.

REALbarbwire7

Oh, he's BEER especially good, huh? haha

drew

I thought it was triggered because he was a douche bag. oh well im not a doctor.

tmzer

what is bipolar? wtf. i caught some peops talking abut it. i still don't get it. looks like a a cheap excuse.

excuse me

FUTMZ

I'm sure some one-million-dollar-per-hour "doKtor will prescribe Xanax for bipolar disorder, Propofol for the severe insomnia and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can be tamed will Adderall.