Da Brat's Bottle Victim

The $6.4 MILLION Injuries

Gnarly Bloody Gashed Face

2/28/2014 10:37 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0228_da_brat_bottle_injury_graphic_photos_launchHere are the injuries that just cost Da Brat $6.4 MILLION -- after she brutally bottled an Atlanta nightclub waitress in the face back in 2007 -- the photos are intense ... but they raise an interesting question.

If you don't want to click, the pics show the bloodied face of former Atlanta Falcons cheerleader Shayla Stevens at the hospital immediately following Da Brat's attack.

Da Brat and Stevens had reportedly gotten into an argument inside Studio 72 nightclub, and when the waitress turned around to get her manager -- Da Brat smashed her in the face with a rum bottle.

Brat -- real name Shawntae Harris -- served 3 years in prison after pleading guilty to aggravated assault ... and Thursday, a jury found the rapper liable for $6.4 million in damages to the victim.

There's no doubt Stevens' injuries are severe -- but $6.4 million is a LOT of money ... especially after Da Brat served a sizable prison sentence ... so we gotta ask ...

update_graphic_red_bar
11:40 AM PT -- Da Brat just called in to "TMZ Live," and pretty much told Stevens to get in line ... because she owes a LOT of people money ... and $6.4 million isn't exactly in her budget.

022814_da_brat_tmzlive_launch_v2

Vada Davis

I wonder what the rest of this story is. I mean was this woman just sitting around minding her own damn business and DA Brat just walked up to her for NO reason at all and beat the crap out of her...then this verdict is not enough. However if this woman was in a mutual battle, egging things on then i mean come on now Da Brat should have to pay but then the amount become ridiculous. You help put yourself into a violent situation and then you sue when you loose the battle. I hope they both learned lessons here if they both was truly at fault. let's try and hunt down the full story with court do***ent come on TMZ know you can get a hold to both of the statements from these two women

lalaluvu

Just ask yourself this: how much is your face worth to you?

Boing!

Da Broke as a joke

Truth is

Da ratta tatta brat is an angry lesbo.....you can watch and see she has issues. Pay up beyotch!! Isn't she broke?

I Love Chris

Good luck collecting that from that broke ass ex-rapper!!!

TuxThePenguin

how old is DaBrat now? she's been around awhile...why's she so damn angry? jealous, or what?

bernergirl

When they give these high awards with no way for the person to pay that much, all the defense does is appeal and allow the person to file bankruptcy. The victim won't see a dime.

Usagi-chan

What's funny is that if a corporation had done that to the woman's face there would have been caps on the size of the judgment. Tort reform only protects corporate interests.

bring back recent posts

TMZ...make sure in future you put up that yellow warning sign whenever you post pics of Miley on stage. tyvm

HumanNature

I WOULD HOUND AND KEEP THAT "B!TCH" IN COURT EVERYDAY JUST FOR FUN!!!!

Yayi

I'm glad justice was serve, and I'm also glad to see that because it's two woman of the same race no one its playing the race card. This is a terrible action. That woman is scared for life. Hope Da Brat learn her lesson. Her name suits her well.

LK

What an idiot .

Bossy Potato

I'm sorry, but it's a friggin cut on her face, yeah it's deep, but not 6.4 million deep. I was expecting to see her chin hanging off her face. That is dumb and ridiculous. Da brat sucks and probably only has a couple hundred thousand to her name. That chick ain't getting 6.4 million.

Norell

Though it may be a little deep, that tiny cut is a joke. $6.4 million is an astronomical amount for something that has already HEALED. She is not disfigured or handicapped, her injuries are highly exaggerated and while I would love to see such an obnoxious "rapper" pay dearly for her actions, in this situation, I'm sorry to say, the "victim" doesn't deserve anything but her hospital bills covered. I've seen and had much worse injuries myself, and I'd she weren't a celebrity this wouldn't even make it to small claims. Ridiculous.

yeah, I'm way out of line.

So she has a nasty gash on her face. Big deal. I had my face in some nasty gash a little while ago. Where's my money???

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments