George Lopez

Arrested for Casino Drunkenness

2/28/2014 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0228-george-lopez-twitter-01update_graphic_red_bar
2:55 PM PT
-- George just gave us the greatest statement ever ... “Tied one on last night.  Not feeling great this morning.  I was trying to sleep it off,  unfortunately, it was on the casino floor.”
update_grey_gray_bar
George Lopez
had one too many last night at a Canada casino -- law enforcement tells TMZ, the comedian was arrested for public intoxication after passing out on the casino floor.

Law enforcement sources tell us Caesars Windsor security alerted police to the Lopez situation -- presumably after they found him on the floor -- and officers subsequently arrested him
inside the casino bar at Caesars Windsor.

No charges are being filed against Lopez -- we're told he was pretty much dumped in a drunk tank to let him sober up.

Lopez had performed at the casino just prior to his arrest and is scheduled to perform again tonight.

Lopez has been released and we're told he will perform tonight.

0228_george_lopez_standing_up_footer

lorozco

Mas Puto.......lol jk love you and we all get like that famous or not I would of took you to your room to avoid getting arrested, the casino staff suck

teresa

George Lopez is one of the most unfunny "comedians" that has been around recently, it just goes to show that he could only be funny when he isn't trying, yes his spare tire is protruding from his ill fitting clothes, which he probably purchased at "Wally". he drank, passed out, when he came to, he
tried to be funny again??????When's he gonna learn, Too bad George, time to find a new line of work.

Rodney

He was taking a siesta after too much tequila and tossing a culio salad with his brother

steve

That ex-wife of his was a saint. I worked in a comedy club back in 2000 and when George would perform, he would abuse the white staff, and get hammered every single night. She would go around apologizing for him and tipping everyone $20. While she was one of the sweetest people I have me he is the worst person I have ever met. Drunk, angry, hateful sin of s beeotch. He's getting what he deserves. Everyone thank Sandra Bullock for pushing this POS on us.

ML

What a disrespectful jerk! Before a transplant organ ( in this case a kidney) is given you contract to take care of the organ. George's kidney that he got from his ex-wife could have gone to someone willing to be responsible. The kidney should be removed and given to a human being that will respect that gift of life. What a bonehead move from George Lopez. Unbelievably stupid. He should not ever be drinking!

imollyq

I saw a commercial for his new show where his mother jokingly puts his hand on a hot burner of a stove to punish him. Such idiocy! Thousands of kids are subjected to this horrid torture punishment, and it is no laughing matter. When we adopted our son years ago, multiple kids in the adoption book were recovering from this specific form of abuse. Skin grafts, loss of fingers, loss of ability to use their hands, the list goes on. It was heart wrenching and so NOT something to joke about. Inevitably, after the show airs someone will do it, or it will convince some abuser it is normal parenting. Now, seeing Lopez drunk with his new kidney shows just what kind of idiot he is. I used to like his shows, no more for me, disgusting. I hope he looks in the mirror. He has script approval on the show, so no ducking that issue and no ducking being drunk after transplant surgery. His poor ex-wife. I hope she took him to the cleaners in the divorce. What a jerk!

R.TrueBelieber

When this happens to celebrities the always get judged. remember you can't judged only god can.

Don

George Lushpez.............

Clancy

The true colors show again. Still no respect for that organ transplant.

Jake

Are you kidding me?? This PIG kills his kidneys & his wife gives him one of hers. In return? He DIVORCES HER!!! And now, he's drinking himself to death on his single, borrowed kidney and making jokes about it? I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic.
If I were his ex, I'd sue him for my kidney back!

Chad Vollenweider

Did anyone catch @georgelopez surprise red carpet appearance at #Oscars? They say #JenniferLawrence stumbled upon him

Sheryl Bratcher

too funny!

Ferndog68

Don't judge is Mexican from this piece of **** human being

Eugene Marie

This is not a joke. People should remember that this man had kidney disease , and needed a kidney transplant which his wife gave to him in 2005. He should be so lucky to get this special gift from an unselfish woman and now he is abusing alcohol. I mean, I love this man, I've watched his shows, but I'm sorry it's like giving his ex wife the finger. He should get therapy. I still love him.

Eugene Marie