Andrew Garfield

I Didn't Bail on Batkid!!!

Oscars Cut Us Both

3/6/2014 1:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0306_andrew_garfield_batboy_tmz_wm_2
Andrew Garfield
is blaming Oscars producers for devastating 5-year-old Batkid -- whose surprise Academy Awards appearance with the "Spider-Man" star was 86d at the last minute -- insisting he's not the one who bailed on the boy.

There are reports Garfield threw a tantrum when producers rejected the script he wrote for the presentation -- and left 5-year-old Miles Scott high and dry -- but reps for the actor tell us, it's not true.

The reps say Garfield DID contribute to the presentation script, but he had nothing to do with the segment getting yanked from the broadcast.

They say Garfield and Scott did the dress rehearsal Saturday without a hitch -- it was a real tearjerker too -- but hours later, Garfield was informed via email that the piece didn't fit with the tone of the show ... and therefore had to be cut.

To make it up to Batkid -- who was understandably bummed -- we're told Garfield accompanied him to Disneyland on Monday ... and even conducted a mini Oscars ceremony in Scott's hotel room (tuxes and all).

rlemons

Wow!!! I never watch the Oscars cause of stuff like this. All the viewer would have loved this. Shame on them

annie

the tone of the show??? what utter BS, it would have fit right in with the laid back enjoyable proceedings (pizza, selfie). they clearly screwed up with their TIMING of the show, and realized they overran - and if you take away Ellen's valiant attempt, the show was really poorly done from a technical standpoint. poor staging, and even worse tech work. I cringed when they finished that clip with superheroes in it, and it harshly stopped and there's Emma Thompson's face just staring at us from her seat. weird....

Nettea

The Oscars boring show should have kept their appearances in. I guess putting on ugly Dick Tracy Villain looking celebrities like John Travolta to Flub lines is more important. Nice usual ABC Disney "payoff"

fifithepoodle

Borrriiinng show.Skip travolta with his new haïr and new faces of Laura dern, et al.this kid world gavé been great

Wallcrwlr

I think Garfield actually walked out cause he seems like that kind of person

od255

the media trashes Andrew and praise him all within 24 hours.. You should fire whoever is in charge of fact checking.

cb2013

Disneyland is a hell of a lot better than the Oscars.

KunteKinte

I loved what was done for Batkid, but stop dragging it out. His moment is over. Being alive and healthy should be enough. It's time for him to be a normal kid again.

Wallcrwlr

Maybe Garfield paid people to say that. Would not be surprising

Malaka

Trying to save face, he did bail out, pr people trying to cover up the truth as usual.

Brenden Franklin

I wish Andrew Garfield to stay away from miles Scott known as Batkid because I hate Batkid. I love spider man because he's my favorite superhero in the world and I hope miles a 5 year old boy is happy now.

Brenden Franklin

weezer

So glad that Andrew stepped up, too bad all stars don't do this.

Buggs-Bunny

Hollywood is a joke and the Oscars have lost it's glamour longgg ago. It's become a show about egos and self absorbed shallow human beings telling each other how great they are. Boring as all he l l. I hope this little guy had fun at Disneyland! He deserved it!

Get educated

Good job Andrew!!

CremeBrulee

I don't think the Oscars would cut Batkid. Bad pr. Unless Batkid was being Badkid, if that's the case they'd throw anyone under the Batmobile.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments