Jimmy Fallon

NBC Threatens Celebs ...

It's Fallon or the Highway

3/6/2014 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0305_jimmy_fallon_nbc_composite3
NBC
is coming down like a hammer on celebs who want to get on Jimmy Fallon's show ... if they dare do a show on CBS or ABC ... they can forget about "The Tonight Show."

Sources connected to CBS, NBC and ABC tell TMZ ... the Peacock network believes Jimmy Fallon's ratings success gives them extreme bargaining power.  They put the word out to celebs, agents and publicists ... if they want to be on Fallon they can't appear on ANY other network ... and not just shows that go head-to-head with Jimmy, but morning shows as well.

We're told NBC is saying the stars who go on Fallon are also allowed to appear on "Today," "Dateline" and any similar shows they air, but that's it.

A GMA source tells TMZ ... they've already gotten fallout from people they were trying to book.

Fallon is dominating late night .... crushing Jimmy Kimmel by bringing in more than twice the number of viewers.

0306_jimmy_fallon_guest_footer

Hot Mom ...

or HOT MESS?!

Your mom may have been embarrassing, but could you imagine one of these moms dropping you off at school?! Pam Anderson, for example ...

From Fox 411: "Pammy is really good about attending her boys' sporting events, but she doesn't exactly fit in with the other soccer moms."

Click through to Fox 411 to see what some Hollywood kids have to deal with on a daily basis!

JoyousOne

NBC and Fallon have just buried themselves - you can't threaten celebs like this - who do you think you are? Guess you want to do a show w/no celebs to interview. Well then maybe Fallon can have time to be tutored in the correct way to do interviews and not take over all the talks w/his nonsense. I was willing to watch him at times and give his different approach a chance but now .. I'll never watch his show. And for NBC -- you've been noted for doing dumb things like cancel good shows the fans want to see but now ... you really are showing your true colors. As for me, you've taken off so many of the really good shows I watched and enjoyed along w/many many others, I think I just have one I still watch on your network - that's it - rest are all on ABC, CBS and Fox. So put that in your pipe and smoke it - that's about all you'll have left thinking you're so much better than anyone else. Wake up - you're losing and losing fast!

JoyousOne

debbie

are people crazy for listening about the jimmy fallon show? LOL..that sure sounds likek a monopoly to me! I can't believe they would listen to that crap about only going on fallon show or they won't be on at all if they go on another show?? I hate Jimmy Fallon you can see he tries to hard and is a phony..Please dont let them to that to you.If everyone went on shows they want to go on then no one would go on fallon..so they would have to change their ways..

CucamongaFred

I seem to remember that NBC and The Tonight Show pulled the same strong-arm tactics during the Johnny Carson era.

Gil

How juvenile on the part of NBC! I started watching Fallon but stopped the minute I heard of these restrictions.

Oscar

NBC needs more viewers and this is not the type of publicity that will get them.

UpAllNight

I really don't care for Jimmy Fallon. He seems nice enough, but not very entertaining. I used to watch Jay mostly, but now, I watch Jimmy Kimmel or Dave.........and once Dave is gone, I will exclusively watch Jimmy Kimmel.
I don't know why Craig Ferguson was not put in Dave's place.............

Len Robertson

Good Luck for Jimmy Fallon when Steven Colbert takes over for Letterman. Everyone from the Colbert show will move with him and he'll have John Stewart at his back. if John Oliver comes immediately afterward, Fallon will have the geezer crowd and not much else.

UnAmerican

NBC is acting UNAMERICAN.
And the buck stops with Fallon.

Gene

This is still a free country. Celebs can and should appear wherever they want. I think I will stop watching the Late Show

vnash21277@aol.com

This man is not funny,period!!!!

Teri Townshend

Sounds like the ultimatums that come out of the White House and we all know that the White House and NBC eat from the same plate. What a bunch of BS

Steve

It did not take long for Fallon to sell out, now did it?? He is way too talented to have to settle for this kind of crap from NBC. Guess it's the price you pay if you really want to host the Tonight Show.

2slick4u

Who cares about Fallons show? The showsucks big time!

k

Sounds and smells like restraint of trade to me. Why isn't anyone from NBC in jail yet? And, by the way, Jimmy, I won't be watching you anymore.

Previous 15 Comments | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments