Jimmy Fallon

NBC Threatens Celebs ...

It's Fallon or the Highway

3/6/2014 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0305_jimmy_fallon_nbc_composite3
NBC
is coming down like a hammer on celebs who want to get on Jimmy Fallon's show ... if they dare do a show on CBS or ABC ... they can forget about "The Tonight Show."

Sources connected to CBS, NBC and ABC tell TMZ ... the Peacock network believes Jimmy Fallon's ratings success gives them extreme bargaining power.  They put the word out to celebs, agents and publicists ... if they want to be on Fallon they can't appear on ANY other network ... and not just shows that go head-to-head with Jimmy, but morning shows as well.

We're told NBC is saying the stars who go on Fallon are also allowed to appear on "Today," "Dateline" and any similar shows they air, but that's it.

A GMA source tells TMZ ... they've already gotten fallout from people they were trying to book.

Fallon is dominating late night .... crushing Jimmy Kimmel by bringing in more than twice the number of viewers.

0306_jimmy_fallon_guest_footer

Hot Mom ...

or HOT MESS?!

Your mom may have been embarrassing, but could you imagine one of these moms dropping you off at school?! Pam Anderson, for example ...

From Fox 411: "Pammy is really good about attending her boys' sporting events, but she doesn't exactly fit in with the other soccer moms."

Click through to Fox 411 to see what some Hollywood kids have to deal with on a daily basis!

Guillermo Villas

Leno was the best, the rest stink.

Red Sam Rackham

NBC is running scared. Since Johnny Carson's retirement and their ill-fated choice of Leno as host, The Tonight Show is no longer the dominating late night powerhouse. Carson's talent in comedy skits (Carnak, Tea Time Movie, Floyd R Turbo, etc) as well as great entertaining guests such as Don Rickles, Burns & Schreiber, Rich Little, Albert Brooks and many others made the show great back then. So did interaction between guests which we no longer see since these days only 1 guest at a time is interviewed. Instead of bullying potential guests, NBC and the show's producers need to look at what made the show great during the Paar and Carson eras as well as what made Steve Allen a strong competitor to Carson during his late night stint on ABC in early 1960...s and work from that.

grey fox

The saying is..."whatever goes up must come down"....The ratings for curiosity surely have gone up for Fallon but if it goes to NBC's head and Fallons head it surely will have aftershock. These stars come on all these shows to promote their movies or programs and books. There is more than one network to do this. If I am that person then why would I eliminate many venues to publicize my project for just ONE LIKE.....NBC.....DUMB MOVE NBC.

daisy

love jimmy, but not on the tonight show

Terry

That doesn't seem right. I can't quite believe that, it is kind of scary that a TV company can control who comes on a show.

grey fox

Loris110

I don't care for Jimmy Fallon. His jokes are not funny and when I watched some of his skits when I turned him on last week to see what the new show was about I thought they were stupid and embarrasing for the Actors or singers on his show so I went back to watching the funny JIMMY KIMMEL. I am a fan of Jimmy Kimmel and still watch his show. He keeps me laughing for his whole show. Is NBC trying to get Stars to Appear on this new TONIGHT SHOW with Threats. If I was a big star I would not appear on it. Jimmy Fallon might not make it .

robertdavidhummel

Jimmy Kimmel, is a Down to Earth and Funny, AND more entertaining than many of the Late nite shows.
I enjoy the chuckles after the routine Devastating News reports
I find ABC, just a LITTLE less Liberal in Lies and Deceit (Though not very possessive), of THE MANY OBAMAGHAZI, aka-Obama reporting BIAS.
Jimmy's show is better than Saturday Nite LIVE .

Jim Burg

I really like Fallon more than any other talk show host, and I love his show. However, I will not support the mandates of a loser like NBC. I'll switch berween Conan, Arsenio, Kimmel, Lederman, and the comedy channel. I'll punish myself before I let NBC win this one.

Mary MacElveen

Note to celebs, go on the other networks instead and forget about what's his name on NBC (Nothing but Crap) network.

Frank

If you think these people will agree to that, I guess NBC will have no celebs coming into the show at all, besides the celebrity’s, are only high paid people that the ignorant viewers glorify.

Columbo

Nobody is worth watching, except JK. Now that's a good host and show. Could do without Guiremo (sp) though. He isn't funny at all

Tony

NBC has shown again, why they're dead last in everything they do. You'd welcome competition if you were any good.

LastOfADyingBreed

Idk what's weirder.. His hair piece or that he's a raging homo

Lefty

I like fall one,But he is not that great on late night, I think he is very talented, bu late night is a little different that SNL