20th Century Fox

Sued For Creating Real

Nightmare on Elm Street

3/7/2014 10:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0307-century-fox-logo-01
A Los Angeles man claims he suffers from terrifying nightmares and even faint noises drive him insane ... all because of a Hollywood movie shoot in his hood.

John Drinkwater claims in a new lawsuit ... 20th Century Fox invaded his Sherman Oaks neighborhood for a few days last March to shoot a TV pilot … but the production became an assault with sounds of gunshots and screeching car chases.

Drinkwater says the film crews may be gone, but not in his head.  He says he has debilitating nightmares, describing one as "film companies coming into [my] house at night, making lots of noise and refusing to leave."

Drinkwater says it doesn't end with bad dreams.  He says the fear of film crews coming back sends him into panic attacks, whenever he sees "an unknown person who looks like they might be part of a film crew."

Drinkwater claims he now has PTSD ... and his doctor both diagnosed it and traces it back to the FOX shoot.

And this very sensitive guy also says he has a hearing disorder and now suffers from phonophobia -- a fear of loud sounds -- and blames it on the movie shoot.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Anything associated with the FOX brand should not be trusted

namers

I had filming on my apartment for a sitcom and was paid $500; it had to do with a biker, a hooker and a puppy. I now have a fear of hookers, bikers and puppies.

i have phonophobia too, loud, sudden noises send me in to a panick, i feel for him but i dont go suing the pants off the thing that caused it....

Paul

It's time for a law that says if you file a frivolous lawsuit and lose then you should pay a fine for half the money that you sued for.

Carl

People like this are what makes everyone skeptical of real victims or trauma and PTSD.

daneeechan

What a bit¢h

think101

Good luck

bring back recent posts

I tend too believe the possibility, because who can even make that up? Hope he gets the help he needs regardless of the legal stuff.

KathyQ

What a wack nut. I am so glad to live in Canada.

anony

Uh, I don't think so.....

Ladygoodman

Oh Jesus Christ. I have PTSD linked to this thing called living and everything it entails scares to death and gives me anxiety. This also causes me to roll my eyes in a sarcastic fashion.

Lucey

I should sue the people that are remodeling their house across the street. I have nightmares and can't get any rest. And who knows how long they'll be here. What a crock of ....

midnitetoker

This is a crock... Boo freakin hoo!!!

Tonka

"He says the fear of film crews coming back sends him into panic attacks, whenever he sees "an unknown person who looks like they might be part of a film crew."
-------------

Hahahahahahaaaaaaa... I think I peed a little bit.

danishguy

ROTFLMAO,,,, Really,,,, whack job for sure,,,,It's called life,,,
really sounds like this guy is a hermit and should find an empty corner of the world and stay in it,,,,

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments