Alanis Morissette

Hated Dog For Being Piss Poor

House Manager Claims

3/8/2014 12:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0307_alanis_and_dog_tmz_facebook
Alanis Morissette
was knee deep in piss -- courtesy of her 10-pound stray dog -- and she wanted to 86 it from her life ... so claims her former "house manager" who's accused of stealing the pooch.

Maria Garcia tells TMZ she's had the chihuahua/dachshund mix, Circus, full time at her home on orders of Alanis.

Garcia says Alanis couldn't stand the dog because he was an aggressive eater, had health issues and pooped and peed with aplomb indoors.  On top of that ...Alanis was allergic to the pup.

Maria tells us ... Alanis has only seen the dog once in the past year and when Garcia asked if she  wanted him back ... she said absolutely not.

We broke the story ... Alanis claims Garcia stole Circus out revenge after being fired -- and now Morissette and her husband are suing Garcia for $25K ... and she wants the dog returned.

Garcia says she can't afford to fight the lawsuit ... but feels compelled to clear her good name.

03-07-14-maria-family-dog

BB not bb

They look like yuppies. Do yuppies steal puppies? They always like showing off their dogs around. I mean maybe they just look down on Alanis for being a hippie and they think since she is older she is stupid and can't handle a dog? I don't know.

Why did this girl get fired as an assistant and what makes Alanis think that she would want revenge over it?

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

So Alanis claims that her dog is a piss poor house manager, Harvey?

Do you people read over the crap you type before you post it? Even must once?

nof

Good name - you think you have a GOOD name?

In THIS World?

You think ANY body has a good name?

Give the dog back and go away.

nof

If you drag Alanis and Husband through this?

You also probably stole half-her-jewelry.

4 grand in cash.

Scares me to think of you alone, and in a celebs' home.

You gave the keys back right - even the secret copies?

Never mind they changed all the locks.

nof

Only way I let a nanny or house-keeper in?

If I blind-fold them at location three and drive them here.

Keep them blind-folded as they clean and scrub.

Film them and to keep them honest.

Lock anything with my address up in a Costco safe.

Then pay them and drive them back.

Even then I'm afraid.

nof

Also post an accurate copy of your arrest record.

FBI profile etc.

With your most recent set of prints.

The ones AFTER you had your prints altered.

Passion Of The Taint

if Alanis was a dog what kind does she look like? Chinese Crested dog or pit bull with herpes.
We all know she is a dirty bitch.

hbarbiedoll

Go adopt another pup! There are tons of chis on death row!!! He looks super happy with this family :)

s_megma

Alanis is looking pretty rough

MARIA & PATRICK

Hi TMZ Readers
Here is the full statement that we presented to TMZ on Friday. There is a lot of information that we think is pertinent to our story that was not included in the article.
We would like to present our statement to you in its entirety so that we are not misrepresented further.
Please read and, if you feel moved to, share elsewhere.
Thank you for your time & compassionate consideration,
Maria & Patrick

OUR FULL STATEMENT:
I, Maria Garcia, was formerly employed as Alanis Morissette and Mario Treadway’s personal assistant and house manager. I was at no time employed as their housekeeper.

As an employee inside their home, I was privy to all that went on. After my employment was suddenly terminated, without explanation, in January of this year, I have honored my personal and professional commitment to respect the family’s privacy. The family has filed suit against me and has falsely accused me in the press of stealing their dog, Circus. I am now being forced to defend myself in court – and in the press. For that reason only, I am giving this statement. I am not receiving compensation for this statement nor would I ever “sell” information about a former employer for personal gain – even under these unfortunate cir***stances.

Alanis and Mario’s accusation that I stole Circus from them is false is every sense of the word. Their accusation is not only false, it is malicious and extremely hurtful as I was a loyal and dedicated employee and worked in a close, personal capacity with the couple, their child, all of their pets, and multiple staff. I never imagined I would be in the position of defended myself against accusations Alanis knows are false.

After completing Alanis’ tour at the end of 2012, they returned home in January of 2013. By March 2013, Alanis and Mario asked me and my fiancé, Patrick Murch, to take Circus into our home because Alanis was allergic to Circus, he was relieving himself in their home, was very food aggressive (resulting in him being obese and having hip and other physical problems). Alanis was frustrated with Circus’ behavior and said he was disruptive to the family; posed a risk to their other dogs and their child; and was “too annoying” to continue in their home.

Alanis’ claim that she was on tour in 2013 and that I was asked to take Circus because of a “hectic touring schedule” is blatantly false. A simple Google search will confirm when Alanis was on tour. To my knowledge, Mario has never had a tour of his own. Alanis made this and others misrepresentations to an LAPD detective several weeks ago. The detective at first stated that the couple planned to press criminal charges against me. The detective spoke to my fiancé and my attorney and to me. The detective verified my version of the facts, and the matter was dropped.

During Alanis’ 2012 tour, I house sat for the couple, looked after their house, did several special projects and took care of their dogs. Circus lived at their home with their other dogs during the tour in 2012. When Alanis returned from the 2012 tour and Circus’ behavior was so “annoying and insufferable”, Alanis said that she “could take it any more” and to “get rid of him”.

Since March of 2013, Circus has lived exclusively with me, at my house. Over the course of the year, Circus became a part of our family. We worked hard to make him comfortable in our home and to help redirect his nervous behaviors. Circus is closely bonded with our other dogs, Jaoquin and Pony as well as with us. Based on our verbal agreement with Alanis, our long-standing family relationship (Patrick’s stepmother was employed by Alanis for 16 years), and the fact that Circus had lived solely with us for that year, it was obvious by their action that they too saw Circus as our dog. During the last year, Alanis did not visit Circus or ask after him.

Alanis saw Circus once, for 15 minutes, when I housesat for the family in September of 2013. The family went on a 3 week vacation to Bowen Island, Canada and I was house sitting. With Alanis’ permission I brought my dogs with me while I stayed at the house. When the family returned, Alanis saw Circus. She petted him and said hello. I gathered up my things and my dogs to return to my home. At that time, I asked Alanis if she wanted Circus back. She said no - and that it was better for everyone – including Circus that he remain with me. At this moment, it was clear that Alanis did not and would not ever want Circus back. I was happy as Circus was loved and happy at our home.

It came as a shock to us when, upon getting fired, we received a demand that we “return Circus” to his “proper owners”. I did not request Circus as a part of my severance. I believed, in good faith, that Circus was our dog. Alanis knew that Circus was well loved and cared for in our home and had grown inseparable from our other dogs. It was clear for a year that she had no interest in Circus.

In February 2014, when Alanis’ business manager demanded that we return Circus, we made several attempts to reach out to Alanis personally to ask for transference of the papers so that we may take legal ownership of Circus. Alanis has suddenly become extremely adamant about wanting him back, claiming that Circus is her “property”. During these exchanges, Alanis acknowledged that Circus is unlikely to reintegrate well as the issue of her allergies, Circus’ food aggression, loud barking, and urinating in the house continue. Alanis said that I must give Circus back, and that if he doesn’t integrate well, she will give him to someone else (not back to me).

We fear that Circus (a Chihuahua/Dachshund mix - incorrectly labeled in court paperwork as a Chihuahua/ Pug mix) may be taken from our loving home only to be dumped again if his “unfavorable” behaviors return.

Over the last month, we have been accused of being disrespectful in our correspondence with Alanis and Mario; endured private investigators and police coming to our home, Alanis’ assistants making false statements in our neighborhood to our neighbors accusing us of being “dog-nappers and animal abusers”. Now we are being hit with a lawsuit demanding $25,000, plus punitive damages.

Both Patrick and I served Alanis and Mario faithfully while in their employ – as did Patrick’s stepmother for 16 years. We, like Circus, have been unceremoniously discarded. Alanis’ sudden interest and demand for the “return of Circus” - a dog she told her employees to “get rid of” in March of 2013 – speaks to the truth.

We trust that the world at large will see this situation for what it really is. We are not wealthy and we cannot afford to defend this lawsuit – but we feel that we have to. We have to defend this lawsuit to clear our names and because Circus is our dog and as Alanis has said before, it is better for everyone – including Circus.

Anyone who wishes to help us with the costs and expenses of this lawsuit may make a tax-deductible donation at www.rockandrescue.org or via Paypal to rene@rockandrescue.org.

Lucy lee

Alanis is lying - she once was an artist who wrote about peace,love , and the search for knowledge. If she truly cared about the dog after leaving it for a year.- she would do what best for the dog. Look behind her mask
You will.see a now phony angry revengeful hasbeen

BB not bb

I think it is kind of funny that there is so much drama over a dog. I can understand the family who had the dog want to keep it now. I don't know what is wrong with Alanis wanting the dog back when she knows that she can't stand the dog. If she is mad at the people who have the dog and doing it for revenge, what is she so mad about then?

Making poor people pay up $25,000 or give up the dog they cared for and loved for a year is mean. The whole thing sounds kind of stupid but I can understand people getting attached to a pet and caring about what happens to it and not wanting someone to take it who will just abandon it to someone else.

Double Bubble

It's a hideous looking mutt anyway..just euthanize it

Crabby

Alanis is a big fat bully.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2