Judge Judy

You Have 'Stupid' On Your Forehead ... Stupid

3/12/2014 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0312_judge_judy_getty

Judge Judy
has filed her first lawsuit EVER -- seriously -- against a guy who is shamelessly using her image to chase personal injury clients.

The TV jurist is outraged John Haymond -- a P.I. lawyer in Hartford, CT. -- used clips from "Judge Judy" along with clips of him and his daughters to drum up business.

Judy is especially pissed because she says she's never endorsed a product or the services of anyone ... to maintain her independent reputation.

She says, "Without seeking my authorization or consent, Mr. Haymond has taken that choice away from me for his own personal gain.  I cannot tolerate that, and intend to hold Mr. Haymond financially responsible for his actions."

Judy scolds the barrister, saying, "Mr. Haymond is a lawyer and should know better."

We looked for the ads and, just like the litigants who appear on her show, it appears Judy scared the crap out of Haymond because they are nowhere to be found.

Herhonner is suing for more than $75K in damages ... or in Judy's world, lunch money.

0313_judge_judy_pretty_pictures_footer

Dave

she is a nasty woman. she needs to be removed from the tv show she is on.

spicemonkey259

Might be time for someone to retake his bar exam.

Rebecca

OMG.... The fact this lawyer was so stupid to mess with J.J AND this is COPYRIGHT LAW 101 AND he did something so foolish?! The man has to be put on BLAST for the general public to be warned to stay the hell away from him/her. I wouldn't want his dum* a** representing me against a gnat!

MARK B

Judge Judy is great and a Real Human being

tom slick

The HELL with JJ ...can we STOP HUFF POST from putting out STORIES and BANNING PEOPLE...? Seriously- IF you make a BAD comment- NOT nasty...just a BAD comment against WHAT they believe..they WILL ban you...they have BIG BROTHER MODERATORS who do this- should be NO MODERATORS on a BLOG...I wish they could be GONE like ASSociated Post- THAT was another BIG BROTHER for Obama and they are silent most of the time now...HUFF is WORTHLESS.....

Cavemansback

pretty smart move on the Shyster lawyers part. The amount of "Talk" his firm will ge because of this will get his name out to a much bigger audience then a regular ambulance chasing attorney could pay for. When in comes to bottom feeding attorneys any advertising (including bad) is good for business.

Robert

"She says, "Without seeking my authorization or consent, Mr. Haymond has taken that choice away from me for his own personal gain. I cannot tolerate that, and intend to hold Mr. Haymond financially responsible for his actions."

She should be careful You know how they say that everyone who sues is just out for the money! Especially in P.I.

SERGIO LOPEZ

GOOD, I CAN'T STAND HER, I THINK SHE GETS OUT OF LINE SOMETIMES WITH HER PERSONAL COMMENTS & INSULTS,....NOT A PROFESSIONAL JUDGE IN MY MIND.

DawnIvey

It doesn't take much to entertain us does it. We will grab onto anything that Hollywood puts out there. Best be thinking about how your going to pay your bills without a Welfare Check, oh what bills. You don't have any now and Obama will pay them with the middle class workers taxes. Wake Up You Dumb Asses we are in the middle of a major crisis and your worried about Judge Judy.

Pamela

I don't believe a judg should talk to any one one the way she does. No class or professionalism in how she speaks. Can't believe she gets paid as much as she does per show. I don't watch her.

Just Blunt

Actually, Judge Judy had filed a law-suit a while back. She sued her neighbor for having trees that were disturbing her yard. ;x

I do like her witty sense of style, but sometimes she has her head so far in the clouds she fails to see reality most of us people endure. In her eyes, as well as the elites eyes, they don't walk any distance of we the common people.

peorianewm

Judge Judy has to be the biggest bully I have ever seen on TV, How she is allowed on TV let alone a judge is beyond me. She verbally abuses people and calls them liars as if she has some magical way of knowing who is telling the truth and who isn't . I can only hope someday she will get whats coming to her, karma is a bitch. BTW she may be right some of the times but she cant be right all the time and she uses her power to bully others which is seriously wrong with her position.

Ernest DeBrew

I agree with her 100%.

This man has messed with the wrong woman.

afosteri

"Mr. Haymond is a lawyer and should know better?" The correct grammar should be: Mr. Haymond is a lawyer and he should know better" You cannot have an independent clause followed by a dependent clause that is known as a run on sentence.

Lisa

Well it time Ms Judy got a taste of her own medicine. Just because she is a judge , doesn't make it right for her to call people idiots and stupid. That has always bothered me. In real courts that does not happen. So Mrs. Judy, relax and take it