Judge Judy

You Have 'Stupid' On Your Forehead ... Stupid

3/12/2014 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0312_judge_judy_getty

Judge Judy
has filed her first lawsuit EVER -- seriously -- against a guy who is shamelessly using her image to chase personal injury clients.

The TV jurist is outraged John Haymond -- a P.I. lawyer in Hartford, CT. -- used clips from "Judge Judy" along with clips of him and his daughters to drum up business.

Judy is especially pissed because she says she's never endorsed a product or the services of anyone ... to maintain her independent reputation.

She says, "Without seeking my authorization or consent, Mr. Haymond has taken that choice away from me for his own personal gain.  I cannot tolerate that, and intend to hold Mr. Haymond financially responsible for his actions."

Judy scolds the barrister, saying, "Mr. Haymond is a lawyer and should know better."

We looked for the ads and, just like the litigants who appear on her show, it appears Judy scared the crap out of Haymond because they are nowhere to be found.

Herhonner is suing for more than $75K in damages ... or in Judy's world, lunch money.

0313_judge_judy_pretty_pictures_footer

LuvJudgeJudy

I live in CT and watch Judge Judy everyday and everyday I see the advertisement being aired a couple of times during her show on channel 8 WTNH. I don't know how you can say they are no where to be found. I don't blame her one bit for filing a lawsuit. I personally find the commercial in vulgar taste.

WhyAmIHere

Does ANYONE proofread a goddamn thing on this site?

schonangela1

I love Judge Judy! She is absolutely entitled to maintain her reputation. She has worked hard to be in her position for someone else to come along and use her image for his benefit. It's not about the money, she's proving a point. Oh and btw, love the spelling police lol! Shocking that more comments were made about a typo (get over it!!) than the actual content lol.

YouDontSay

I don't know if anyone could win against Judge Judith S. One smart woman with a rocking bod.

Dead@27

Bird the Bailiff hit it first.

ZanneTD

Her *honor.* Grammar is our friend.

Your S&M Girlfriend

So apparently the TMZ morons corrected "layer" to "lawyer" but they are still calling Judy Her Honer. I'm just wondering what she hones?

KellyBFan

this "judge" doesn't want anybody cutting in on her profiteering ways dispensing "justice"

cat

Her "Honer"? Really?

Stella Lindsay

A "layer" AND "Her Honer"?! And who's got "stupid" across their forehead?

LaughAtU

Honer? Hahahahaha

liberal racist

shut up you old bag like you don't have enough money already. another greedy jew.

BSname

How effective of an Ad could it have possibly been if TMZ was unable to find a copy of it?
You have to find someone who at least saw this thing before you can even entertain the idea of damages to Judge Judy.

Hammer

F**k judge Judy she's a bully

Brian

If I was a juror on her case I'd award her $1 million. It's shameful a lawyer would do this. They should be punished a lot more.