'Little People'

Big Split

We've Separated

3/12/2014 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0312_amy-and-matt-roloff_getty"Little People, Big World" couple Matt and Amy Roloff can't stand living together anymore -- they've just announced they're separating after 26 years of marriage.

Sources close to the couple tell TMZ, Matt and Amy have been living separately since the holidays -- Amy currently resides in the family's main house in Oregon ... Matt lives in the guest house.

We're told neither Amy nor Matt is currently pursuing other relationships -- they're just testing the waters living alone ... for now anyway. So far, divorce isn't on the table.

Matt has had a history of drinking problems -- such as his 2007 DUI -- but we're told alcohol was NOT an issue in the split.

The Roloffs -- who have 4 children -- released a statement, saying, "Though we have weathered many storms together, we recently made the tough decision to engage in a trial separation."

031214_little_people_bigworld_launch

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

SueD

No surprise. Amy has been nagging and nasty since the show first started. Matt is an incredibly hard worker with great visions. He has made that farm into the huge attraction that it is today - the majority of it built with his own hands despite his very difficult disabilities. Amy has nagged and complained about EVERY project he wanted to do and yet it's his hard work that has made that place to successful and famous. He should be living in the house - he did the majority of the work on it. She can go and live in that gazebo that he and the kids lovingly put up in secret one year for Mother's Day and she didn't appreciate it one bit. Matt's the only reason I kept watching the show.

Jean

Nasty woman, she should have realized how lucky with that hard working loving man. She is cold, and a slob, did you ever notice that house, she couldnt even make her kids to anything! Matt I would have appreciated you, her loss !

Movie_Theater_Pickle

If they get divorced and she gets half of everything, how tall will that make him?

Sandy

I think that Amy should keep that lovely house clea she is so untidy that would drive me crazy too.

JULIE

you know it is always easy for people to point fingers, but you should have enough brains to know that you don't see the whole picture on the show, and you don't know what goes on when the camera's are off. I pray that God will work on both of their hearts and give them the wisdom and commitment that it takes in every marriage, it's a full time job, and takes two people to work together and talk with each other not at each other, my husband and I will celebrate our 26th anniversary tomarow, and it's not always a bed of roses, but neather is life, weare together and that is what counts, for better or worse, in sickness and health that's what our vows say.So don't be so judge mental people. Gods blessings on you both Matt and Amy, what ever you decide.

Christy Dimitry

Geez, I hate hearing this, but we don't know all the details. That is between them. Hopefully, they will work it out. If not, they still have a lovely family and many friends. Best of luck to them both. Just sayin'.

Bonnie

They are like Ying & Yang! Totally different ideas and personalities. Both want to be in control, yet Matt seems to be the one that refuses to comprimise. He wants everything his way or the highway. Amy seems to be a open and stearn person, but she tolerates all his BS, and big ideas and VERY expensive projects! she does worry over money, and rightly so. I think Matt's parents spoiled him, catered to him, and gave him his own way in an attempt to compensate for his small size. He is demanding, and very rude to Amy. the kids always seemed a bit depressed to me. Especially Jeramy the youngest. I loved that show, and loved what Matt did to their farm, but with all his projects going on, it seemed they had NO private or special time together. I like Amy's bluntness. she makes a lot of sense. As far as her not being a good housekeeper. I never really saw anyone else pitch in, and a large house like that for one very small woman has to be a challenge! I think she did her best. all things aside, they are both good people, and raised good children. God bless them both, and Good luck to them.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9