'Tonight Show' Star David Brenner

On Death Bed

3/15/2014 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0315-david-brenner-getty-02David Brenner -- who holds the record for number of appearances on the "Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson -- is on his death bed  and people close to him say it's just a matter of days.

Sources close to Brenner say the 78-year-old comedian has cancer that has been aggressive ... spreading rapidly.

We're told Brenner slipped into a coma this week ... and doctors don't expect him to pull through.

David sat on Carson's couch 158 times ... and even hosted the "Tonight Show" a few times.

He was also a frequent guest on Howard Stern's radio show.

update_graphic_red_bar

4:00 PM PST -- Brenner's rep says the comedian passed away Saturday evening.

Chgome

He passed, I heard it on MSNBC. RIP

liberal racist

cigarettes killed him and johnny

AGH

Aw, David Brenner -- I love this guy. He was always very, very funny. I'd look for him through the years and was always excited when he appeared. I'm saddened to hear this. He was always a clever, easy-going, funny man. Johnny Carson was right in having him on his show as many times as he did. Love to the Brenner clan and to David. Side note: he has a great smile, similar to Barbra Streisand's, you might giggle to notice. Hugs to David.

WISENHEIMER

I used to have a crush on him.

AGH

smastro1

Whether your a celebrity or a regular person you get old and die. What a concept.

Rita Potenza

So sorry for him I always thought him and barbra S. Well were sister and brother .R.I. P. Mr. Brenner

Tuddy

It was just announced that he has passed away...RIP

NiceGuy

Sue your right ... about 25 minutes ago,he just passed away the family spokesman said. Died Saturday afternoon.

rumba111

Praying for him and all of his family. PEACE

kim

He died - check your sources. RIP

Max

I haven't thought about him in a long time. Funny guy. Go peacefully and thank you for the entertainment.

Cynic

never heard of him

bart

This is very sad. It is so hard to think of him as 78? I cannot believe he is that old. He was a regular on Carson. He was very funny. I hope his family is with him.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

a freakin slime ball a low-life a massive schnozzola so big you couldnt understand him i say you should go piss on his grave

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments