L'Wren Scott Dead

Mick Jagger's Girlfriend

Hangs Herself

3/17/2014 9:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0317_LWren-Scott_getty2
L'Wren Scott, the fashion designer who was dating rocker Mick Jagger, was found hanging in her Manhattan apartment today. She was 47.

According to police, the body was found by her assistant this morning around 10:00 AM. Officials say she was hanging from a doorknob.

There was no suicide note found and right now police say they do not suspect foul play.

0317-medical-examiner-apt-building-tmz-01
Scott was known to have dressed Nicole Kidman, Amy Adams, Christina Hendricks and Penelope Cruz for the red carpet.

She and Mick had been dating for 12 years. Their last big public outing was back in November for the launch of one of her fashion lines in L.A.

0317_LWren-Scott_jagger_getty4_sub2
Mick is currently on tour with the Rolling Stones ... and is scheduled to do a show in Australia on the 19th. Mick's rep said the singer was "completely shocked and devastated" by Scott's death.

Story developing ...

0317_remembering_lwren_scott_footer

Lorri

this is just way out of the norm, beautiful women typically do not commit suicide by hanging... they like to take their pretty pills while they have their hair fixed and their make up perfect in their most glamorous gown... especially someone so involved with the beautiful people in the world... and no note, again they usually like to share why life has done them so wrong they need to take their own life... whatever the case may be I feel bad for those she left behind... this kind of reminds me of the sexual game of asphyxiation that might have gone bad... like David Carradine .

Erock

I would hang myself too if I had to F Mick for 12 years

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Must've ran out of cocaine.

Dead@27

She went running for the shelter
of her Mother's Little Helper...
Is this her 19th nervous breakdown?
Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday... She's a Rainbow.
How come she tastes so good?
I'm just Waiting on a Friend...Gunna Miss You.

reginaperkins

Why would someone take their life who has a good l Have been broke all my life and never thought about suicide i do not get it

reginaperkins

Marcie

This is very sad. I can't picture how you can hang yourself from a doorknob, unless it was across from a flight of stairs. I hope they talk with her family and people who knew her to see if she was having problems with depression because this is highly unusual.

Deer diary

you guys are implying what? that there was foul play? how come? because no note and that women usually don't hang themselves? or you're implying it was sexual, and thus no note? expand for me, please...I'm curious why all the comments about it being something other than suicide.

jenny

Can someone explain to me how you hang yourself from a doorknob?

She's baaaack

Sad.

royalredus

A doorknob? I don't mean to be insensitive but either that door was 20 ft tall, or she was 12" high. How odd.

MIKE

im so sorry mick it terrible meand my wife send are hearts out to you and your loved ones god bless you

Dan

Who said it was suicide?
It Could be a sex act gone, right?

bring back recent posts

She looks anorexic in those pics, poor girl, I guess had psych issues.

Lala

Hanging from a DOORKNOB???