« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

M.I.A. to NFL

My Middle Finger Was Tame

Compared to Prince's Penis Guitar

3/17/2014 10:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0317-mia-nfl-getty-02M.I.A. says the NFL is overreacting big time in their legal war over the middle finger she flipped during the 2012 Super Bowl Halftime show ... and the proof is in Prince's giant penis guitar.

M.I.A. just filed new legal docs saying the NFL's demand for $16.6 MILLION in restitution and damages over the rapper's live 1-bird salute is completely baseless -- since the league already has a reputation for airing risque halftime performances.

Her proof -- M.I.A. says the reputation was built by Super Bowl legends like Michael Jackson who "repeatedly grabbed or fondled his genitalia" during his famous 1993 performance.

M.I.A. says the "genitalia adjustments" were a well-known part of his act at the time and the NFL reveled in the edginess.

There's more ... M.I.A. also points to Prince -- who, in 2007, stroked his guitar like it was "an erect oversized phallus" in what some people consider the gold standard of Super Bowl Halftime shows.

M.I.A. says the NFL knew Prince was planning to get all strokey before the show ... and green-lit the performance anyway.

0317-prince-super-bowl-sub-getty-02M.I.A.'s ultimate point is that there is no harm in airing a middle finger -- it won't damage the league or prevent sponsors from paying top dollar for commercial spots.

So far, no comment from Prince or his giant penis guitar.

0204_super_bowl_half_time_warp_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Now u know.

Sink hoe just pay the fine u stupid bi tc if u need the money walk ur ass down metropolitan ave here in atl u broke ass

Truth44

B8tch please don't ever compare anything that you do to anything he does, he is on a whole other level when it comes to his talent compared to your lack of!!! #GOAWAY

josey jo

Lots of rock guitar players have done the same thing while playing their guitars. It stretches out the music notes. M.I.A. is just dragging other people down.

However I never really noticed her middle finger. If the NFL wants money to be paid $10,000 should cover it . 16 mil is just outrageous.

Nay

16.6 million to a corporation thats already rich. There being outrageous!

peter

dear wannabe 'radical' rapper bimbo...you couldnt touch a real pioneer artist like Jimi Hendrix with a ten foot finger tho the size of your finger does represent the amount of 'talent' in you now go back to Brentwood and start sucking on that finger hype gal!!

PG

Broke ass stupid pig.

christy

What was purpose of flipping people off in the first place? So disrespectful! Trash!

Kaila

Give me a break. The middle finger is the universal sign for FU. It is rude and was stupid for her to use it on TV. Comparing her actions to anything Prince or MJ did is laughable. They are out of your league honey, but a million miles. Don't flatter yourself.

OhWell

Te Hehe

I Grab My Weenie
{And Little Boys}

JJ

The guitar is in the shape of Prince's symbol and at one time was his name.
This is all stated for her defense to pay less. The fine is large, because they want to stop anyone else in the future from doing nasty things during the show.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2