5ive Band Member Abz Love

98 Degrees

Still 'Sucks Ass'

3/19/2014 10:29 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0319-5ive-group-photo90s BOY BAND FIGHT ALERT!!!!!! 90s BOY BAND FIGHT ALERT!!!!!! 90s BOY BAND FIGHT ALERT!!!!!!

The boys from 5ive are PISSED that Nick Lachey called them out on live TV .... thereby igniting a rivalry that has lasted for nearly 2 decades.

Abz Love tells us he caught Lachey's appearance on "Watch What Happens Live" this week ... where Lachey called 5ive the "lamest" boy band (see the video below).

031914_nick_lachey_launch
Abz was hot as fish grease, telling us, "98 Degrees sucked ass and probably still do."

Abz says he remembers one time when Jeff Timmons stepped to 5ive after Love "and J were talking about who the f*** gets their band name tattooed on themselves and concluded they must all be jockstraps!”

But Love explains, "To be fair, we were the bad boys of pop so we were always looking for trouble. They just happened to be in the way."

Word.

031914_abz_tmzlive_launch_v2

c

the bad boys of pop? thats like saying my chihuahua is tougher than yours.

Brian

Who? I don't remember 5ive or Five or whatever they called themselves. Did they last five seconds?

Sarah

As someone who was a teenager when these boy bands were popular, I have never EVER heard of "5ive" (horrible name but that's besides the point). 98 Degrees was lame, but sat least I had heard of them.

cj

I liked 98 degrees. Never heard of Five. What a dumb name. I'm guessing there's 5 boys in the "band". lol

zombie

I have never heard of the offended boy band. At least I have heard of Lachey and 98 Degrees. That said, who on earth thinks any of these people are hot? TMZ literally has the worst taste in identifying what good looking people are.

smurfya

If you are/were in a boy band you legally should not be allowed to use the term 'bad boy'

lol

Okay. Who the F is 5ive? I was born in the late '80s and grew up in the '90s. I've heard of N'Sync, 98 Degrees and the Backstreet Boys and even Hanson, but I have never ever heard of 5ive.

smurfya

Ladies, settle down!!

amandajf

5ive was a popular British boy band, they never made it in the USA, but were popular elsewhere. I'm from the UK and 98 Degrees were never popular here, the only reason I've heard of Nick Lachey is because he married Jessica Simpson (who also never really made it here) and celebrity websites.

Ummmm

Who?

jessdubu

Lets just agree you BOTH suck HARD.

Carl

I was around during the late 90's early 2000's boy band era and I never heard of 5ive. They must really have been on the bottom tier of what is already the crappiest corner of pop music.

Your S&M Girlfriend

When I was a teenager my girlfriends and I went to a New Kids concert. They were near the beginning of boy bands. We thought they were so hot and were totally annoyed by the screaming "little girls" around us at the concert. Then boy bands became formulaic and became totally boring. We also grew up and realized how pathetic our taste in music was. I moved on.

VictoriaGirl

Whats the point in trying to start something with a 90's British boyband that not many people in North America have ever heard of until now?

Ali

Except I've heard of 98 Degrees and I've never heard of 5ive.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments