Paul Walker's Mom

My Granddaughter's Mom's an Alcoholic

I Want Guardianship

3/19/2014 5:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

03-19-14-paul-meadow-tmz
Paul Walker
's mother just filed court documents asking for guardianship of Paul's 15-year-old daughter ... because the real mom has a serious drinking problem.

Cheryl Walker claims in her docs -- obtained by TMZ -- Meadow and her mom, Rebecca Soteros, are already living with her but Rebecca can't care for her daughter because of her alcoholism.

As we previously reported ... Rebecca has 2 DUIs -- one in 2003 and another last year.  We're told Meadow moved from Hawaii -- where Rebecca lived -- to live with Paul 3 years before he died because of her mom's problems with alcohol.

Cheryl says she's more than qualified -- she's raised 4 kids, she's a registered nurse and is a loving person.

Paul had said in his will he wanted his mom to be Meadow's guardian ... so this is clearly in line with what he wanted.

One other note ... the legal docs say Paul's estate is worth $16 MILLION ... a lot less than previously filed legal docs estimating his worth at around $25 mil.

love-truth-freedom

Cheryl should get guardianship. Meadow doesn't and didn't deserve to be raised by an alcoholic. It's too true that Rebecca can't raise her daughter. It must have gotten pretty bad too since Meadow herself asked to move away from her.

love-truth-freedom

On another note - How was Paul in so many things/ads/spokes-modeling and part of a BILLION dollar movie franchise and only worth 16 million? Doesn't make sense to me.

zombie

Lol at everyone so concerned for the alcoholic mother and not what is best for the child. It isn't up to the Walker Estate or his family to get the woman help. The only concern should be for the welfare of a minor child.

Yada yada ya

Money grabbing loser

think101

Someone needs to tell Mom if she plans to fight for custody, Judges prefer that you have your own place. Right now she is staying with GrandMa as well.

bring back recent posts

That is a beautiful picture of father and daughter , they look so happy. Sad for this young lady, wish her all the best in her future.

Chris

Did anyone think the mother WANTS this to happen? Maybe go into rehab? Of course not, because TMZ only cares to report she is a drunken alcoholic loser. Leave the family alone, or burn in hell. Choose.

smurfya

Back when I was drinking myself into a stupor almost every day I could hardly look after myself, let alone any one else. Thank god I didn't have kids.

Shantastic

This is the first time I'm hearing that the mom was struggling with alcoholism? I guess Paul Walker did a great job in protecting and caring for his daughter all by himself that the mom's alcoholism never came to light. He was a decent dad. RIP

ftt

The kid is 15 she can say who she wants to live with or better yet send her to a swiss boarding school and save her all this nonsense

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Of course she has a drinking problem. Now that Paul died. Whatever you say granny. Granny is a loser.

Factual

Paul made the choice to reproduce with this woman so granny should butt out

Teresa andrews

Such an awful situation all around. This poor girl is having to deal with more than a 15 year old should have to endure.

Comment king

I love this Grandma!!!!!!!! Paul Walkers Mom deserves an award!

oh really

ANYTHING for the love of money Harvey

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments