Anita Baker

Wanted by Police

In Detroit

3/20/2014 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0320_anita_baker_getty
Anita Baker
-- famous for her 80s hit song "Sweet Love" -- is now a wanted woman in Detroit ... after an arrest warrant was issued for the Grammy-winning singer.

According to court records, the bench warrant was issued yesterday after the singer failed to show up to court for a hearing in her current legal battle with a paint and decorating company.

Ray Smith Painting and Decorating has sued Baker, claiming she owes the company $15,000 for services it performed inside her giant Grosse Pointe home -- and so far, she still hasn't anted up.

We reached out to Anita's camp for comment -- so far, no word back.

Yurra Knutz

Reached out to Anita's camp and was told, hands off the goods.
No touching!

huff

I love Anita one of my all time favorites... hope things work out

bornunderprotest

we've got debtors prisons in America today...this is such gross judicial overreach and abuse.. when you have a private prison biz goin on,this in the inevitable draconian end product.

nellyz

Anita, I love you but hunnie, the time for FAIRY TALES is over. Maybe you got CAUGHT UP IN THE RAPTURE. This is the real world. This needs to be remedied. Be an ANGEL, APOLOGIZE and GIVE THEM THE BEST THAT YOU GOT; BODY AND SOUL. Do it on principle, do it JUST BECAUSE... :)

Biff

The Detroit police do not have a warrant out for Anita's arrest. Grosse Pointe is not Detroit.

SnowWhite

I love how they issued a warrant for this when there is sooo many horrible, wicked violent offenders walking free in this city (my home). Detroit's "justice system" is one of the most twisted, dirty, backward web of complete BS ever encountered.

Blessed

REALLY??? This is just a way to embarrass her. If anybody knows, when you don't show up to court then you LOSE! Then there are all kinds of ways of forcing you to pay, including putting a lean against your personal property.

yvette

Lord, the hair piece need to handcuffed instead of Anita!

Tripple777genius

Why is anyone against Anita? She's the great artist I love to hear! And what is it all about warranty to arrest her for?

@mariongotjokes

What ill she say sing to the judge?
I apologize (believe me I do) Oh believe me I do.
I apologize (honest and true) Oh honest and true.
Because I know I was wrong
And so I sing you this song.
And I'm tryna get through to make it up to you yeah.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3