Syesha Mercado

'Book of Mormon' Star

Sued for Sinning Against Manager

3/23/2014 12:57 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

03-21-14-Syesha-Mercado-tmzFormer "American Idol" star Syesha Mercado dropped her manager like a bad habit as soon she landed a big gig doing "The Book of Mormon" ... allegedly stiffing him out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Mercado -- who finished third on Season 7 -- is being sued by former manager Fred Crawford, who picked her up as a client not too long after her stint on "Idol."

Crawford claims Mercado agreed to fork over 20% of whatever she made in the entertainment industry.  Crawford says he helped her land the "Book of Mormon" deal ... for which she earned $40,000 a month.

But Crawford claims right after the ink dried Mercado cut off all communication and never paid him a cent. He's suing for his "Mormon" cut  -- roughly $300,000.

Crawford has a big problem ... the deal, he says, was never committed to writing.

Calls to Mercado's rep were not returned, but we're guessing she tells a very different story.

NOT ELMO

Syesha Mercado -- 'Book of Mormon' Star Sued For Sinning Against Manager........................SYESHA MERCADO IS AS BEAUTIFUL AS ALEXANDRA DADDARIO AND I'M HULK...

BLUE UGLY 💩

She owes the greedy idiot manager nothing

Jay

Check out the latest picture of Kylie that TMZ put me up on, she is so hot, I almost exploded in my pants!

sweetboobsannabel

Too bad

Clytemnestra

You poor stupid man, verbal contracts are virtually worthless in most cases. You will need a miracle to get a judge to award you a dime.

FuckYouTMZFreedomofSpeechmyAss

Hahah how stupid can you be and only do a verbal contract?! This would never happen with a jewish lawyer!

FuckYouTMZFreedomofSpeechmyAss

Pardon manager lol

Truth

TYPICAL BLACK PEEP! PUMP AND DUMP. #TRUTH!!

Ferndog68

A story not involving bieber , Cyrus, lohan, or Kim. I'm shocked

Yurra Knutz

Manager managed to get cut out of lucrative deal because of non existing management skills.

Yurra Knutz

Manager needs a manager.

Your S&M Girlfriend

The Book of Mormon was excellent! I saw that and I saw Kinky Boots (I know Billy Porter!) on one of my NYC forays. This story? What the hell kind of manager doesn't draw up a contract and get it in writing?

Jordan

It may not be as Difficult as the Alleged Lawyers at TMZ, Think. Just think about what just happened to Lisa Kudrow in court Recently Losing $1.9 million to her Manager with no Contract Signed!!!!!!!!!!!!

think101

Yo Fred, I'm her manager too. I can't prove it but give me half of what you get OK buddy.

Jamey Hunter

She was paying him 20% of her earnings? Wow, she took some bad advice.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments