« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shaquille O'Neal

Under Investigation

Allegedly Punched Man at TV Studio

3/24/2014 9:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

103013_shaq_primary

Shaquille O'Neal is under investigation by Atlanta Police ... after a man claims the ex-NBA star punched him at Turner studios last year ... though Shaq claims the two were simply horsing around.

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ Sports ... 44-year-old Robert Williams claims he was working at Turner Studios, where Shaq tapes "Inside the NBA" ... when he was attacked by the big man just after midnight.

"While at work at Turner Studios on May 9th 2013, about 12:30am, as I was performing my duties at work, Shaquille O'Neal ran out of a room and hit me with a tackle punch to the back knocking me down and falling on top of me injuring my neck and back."

Williams says he reported the incident to Turner Security and was placed under medical care ... though he did not file the police report until July 2, nearly two months later.

As for Shaq, he claims the whole thing is being blown out of proportion -- his attorney told WSBTV, "This was nothing more than horseplay. No one intended for anyone to get injured."

Cops tell TMZ Sports no charges have been filed against Shaq and reinforce that Shaq was never arrested ... but the matter is still under investigation.

update_graphic_red_bar
7:59 AM PT -- The accuser, Rob Williams, apparently worked as a camera operator on "Inside the NBA."

032514_shaq_rob_williams For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

NOT ELMO

Shaquille O'Neal -- Under Investigation ... Allegedly Punched Man at TV Studio........I BELIEVE IT

Brian

Shaq shouldn't horse around. At his size a little horsing around can turn into a major injury for the other person.

Stevonez

Shaq doesn't swallow flies with his mouth open… bats hang from his tonsils...

WUNOTANG-SEXTAPE

They won't do anything to him. Why even bother investigating?

Santasunsetwoodica

Looks like kazamm said kabamm kid!

Joao

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
POOF, GO AWAY!
Investigation Completed
Horseplay

sr

Come on everyone knows Shaq is just a big kid!

MGFunk

Robert Williams should be glad Shaq didn't involve his horse diick during horse play1

Hot Dumb Italian Mike

Another ******** looking for a paycheck?? Leave Kazamm alone bro!

betseymcqueen

It's so funny people whine about lady gaga and not him. I'm am SO tired of shaq. He's a TERRIBLE actor and I'm tired of seeing his awful commercials every single time I watch tv. Maybe he should go cheat on another wife.

boo boo

I'm shaq's biggest fan...everyone (especially Charles Barkley) knows Sjaq can't punch. Lol

boo boo

*Shaq

Your S&M Girlfriend

He's gigantically tall, isn't he? I would like to see him throw a punch at a normal height person, he'd have to be sitting down or something.

Steve L. Webb

Shaq is still a Man-Child! You can't take the street-Thug out-of him!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2