'Scandal' Star Columbus Short

In Bar Fight

Cops Investigating

3/25/2014 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

03-24-14-columbus-short-tmz
Columbus Short
-- who plays gladiator Harrison Wright on "Scandal" -- was involved in a bar fight in which the other guy ended up in the hospital and cops are now conducting a criminal investigation.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Short was at Gabe's Bar and Grill in L.A. on March 15 at around 10:45 PM celebrating a couple's engagement ... when he started arguing at the bar with another partygoer.

We're told the other guy pissed Short off by making a comment along the lines of, "You might be richer than me but I get my girls to buy me everything I want including your wife."

An eyewitness tells TMZ Columbus then came up from behind and sucker punched the guy.  The eyewitness says the man's nose was broken and he was rendered unconscious for several minutes.
We're told Columbus quickly left the bar.

An ambulance came and took the 37-year-old man to a nearby hospital.

Cops are now investigating a criminal battery.

It's not the first time Columbus used his fists to make a point.  In March, 2010 ... Columbus was playing basketball at an L.A. Fitness gym when he got into an argument with another player and socked the guy in the face, knocking several teeth out.

032414_colombus_short_lauinch

We reached out to Columbus ... so far no comment.

Rail Runner

Maybe next time the Disrespectful little Turd will keep his yap shut.

Mysic_beats2013

Smh people can't keep their mouth shut for nothing

Clytemnestra

TMZ sure does attract a lot of deeply racist posters. It's sad, and kind of embarrassing to the rest of us. I still click here, but I don't mention to people I know that I do. I suppose shame will eventually mean going elsewhere for my celebrity gossip.

Dennie

Uhm, what was the legal end result of the 2010 fight where he broke out the man's teeth?

Your S&M Girlfriend

An adolescent remark followed by an adolescent reaction. Two losers.

Kristinajp

I don't think men get this, we want you to care enough to pretend you will kick someones butt if they disrespect us or them. We 100% don't want you to do it. The after math is not worth it. The best thing I ever saw was someone insult a guy. The guy looked him up and down and laughed and walked away...the other guy looked so embarrassed in front of everyone. Next time you find yourself in a situation best to do that than risk ending up on tmz or worse JAIL...

D-INCARNATION

Put him in the cell with Judge Joe and throw one banana in the cage...

MarcosDMcGinley

An eyewitness tells TMZ Columbus then came up from behind and sucker punched the guy. The eyewitness says the man's nose was broken and he was rendered unconscious for several minutes.
We're told Columbus quickly left the bar. lol scandal. http://num.to/4759-4137-2029

Rectum?Damn Nearly Killed Him

Listen up D-bag... First rule of Fight Club you don't talk about Fight Club....

lol

Stand up for your wife, girlfriend, sister, mother etc. Pretty soon people will stop being DBs.

Chris

It wasn't a punch, it was a bottle busted over his head. Dude had to go to the ER.

Duke Steele

Suckered punched the guy from behind. I don't blame him for defending his wife. But, do it from the front. Like a man.

Rigby

Honestly I think random people see celebrities start stupid fights to get them to fight them or "hit them first" he was at an engagement party he didn't go out to fight he clearly was at an event. The guy deserved it making stupid comments, what is he in high school?

en Todo Momento!!

remember back in the good ol days, when dudes got into a bar fight, whoever was hurt went to the hospital (wow, they could actually afford it back then, despite 'no universal health care.. weird), but they just were like: well then i guess that was that, and got stitched up or whatever? what is all this 'and the authorities are investigating'. like what the hell? the authorities are 'investigating' 'who started a fight'?? why don't you all just start taking your moms to the bar with you. then you can tell on them to your mom. btiches. broke asz btiches who can't afford their doctor's bill now, so they have to sue someone to pay it for them. lmao. so pathetic.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Bitches buy me stuff doesn't exactly sound like a statement a real man would make.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments