Mantecore

Tiger That Attacked Roy Horn

Dead at 17

3/26/2014 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0325-sigfried-roy-tiger-facebook
Mantecore -- the white tiger that mauled Roy Horn ... has died after an illness.

The 380-pound tiger severely injured Horn on a Las Vegas stage back in 2003, leaving him partially paralyzed.  Siegfried & Roy claimed then and continues to maintain it was NOT an attack.  Instead, they say, Roy was having a mini-stroke and Mantecore saved his life by dragging him offstage.

Roy says of the tiger, "We spent many hours together and he never failed to bring me great joy and wonderment.  It was my great honor to be beside him at the end.  He is now playing with his siblings in white tiger heaven."

Mantecore was 17.  RIP.

cacophonica

I find it admirable that they have such a profound love of the tigers. I hope that the tiger was kept in a wild life preserve type of environment but it sounds unlikely. Was it living in their house in Las Vegas?! Then that poor tiger was praying for death, I'm sure...

smorbie

God bless. I know what it is like to lose a beloved animal.

Just My Opinion

They said the dude was mauled. Does a stroke do that to a person? I know he must love animals, but if that was my animal that fcked me up, I wouldn't want nothing more to do with him. Much less want to be at its side when it died.

EastCoastChopper

The "Grizzly Man" and the Sea World trainers (2) were not attacked either... They were just taught a lesson as was Roy... If you make me cranky, you're going to get chewed on a bit...Survival is not guaranteed!

Rigby

I saw the video it didn't look like an attack.. The people rushing on stage frightened the tiger you can see he went into a protection mode. But the the whole thing was horrible and sad. He was a beautiful tiger.

tuggy

So sad. The only ***** Roy ever had.

tuggy

P**sy

Chris

Roy tried to rewrite history with the stroke story. The tiger caused the brain damage by chomping on his neck and dragging him around the stage. The Mirage hotel had many tigers on display during this period as would a zoo. Judge accordingly..

moonphaz

As previously stated "Siegfried and Roy rescued their white tigers and lions from poachers in Africa. Since tigers in general are poached relentlessly, there is no way these magnificent animals would have survived on their own. Their white pelts are prized above all others.
One last point, if the tiger wanted to kill Roy, he would have just shaken him where he was, and not dragged him off to safety." This tiger would have died if they had not saved them. He also did not intend to harm Roy - it is suspected that Roy was having a seizure I believe they said and Mantacore was trying to save him. If he had tried to kill him Roy would be dead right now. That is why they did not kill Mantecore.

Joleen Rita Karl

so sorry for your loss i have seen you twice i loved your shoi think white tigers are the most beautiful creature on GODS green earth

BLUE UGLY 💩

RIP, you did a good thing when you attacked that nutcase

Becky

R.I.P. Mantecore

Becky

So sad... R.I.P. Mantecore

Rectum?Damn Nearly Killed Him

You stupid tiger, you should have finished the meal you started.

Brad

The tiger probably died from AIDS.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments