Zac Efron

Attacked After Midnight in Downtown L.A.

3/27/2014 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Zac Efron FightZac Efron mysteriously ended up in a bad area of downtown L.A. just after midnight Sunday ... and ended up getting violently socked in the mouth by a sketchy transient ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We're told cops were on patrol under the Harbor Freeway when they saw Zac and a man he identified as his bodyguard.  Cops saw Zac and the other guy in a full-blown melee with at least 3 other people.

After breaking up the fight, cops questioned Zac. He told them they had run out of gas and were sitting in the car.  Zac said while waiting for a tow truck they threw a bottle out the window -- he never said what was in the bottle -- and it smashed on the pavement near a group of transients.

Zac said the transients confronted him and the bodyguard because they believed the pair hurled the bottle at them. Zac says 2 of the transients attacked the bodyguard and when Zac got out of the car to help, he got cold cocked in the mouth. Zac said, "It was the hardest I've ever been hit in my life."

You'll recall ... Zac mysteriously broke his jaw in November, saying he slipped on a pool of water in his home.  Zac was in rehab twice last year for cocaine abuse.

The area where this occurred is rough. Cops are on high alert for drug deals and gangs.  One source says Zac was "obviously intoxicated."

Law enforcement tells TMZ ... no one was arrested because they viewed it as "mutual combat."

We contacted Zac's rep ... so far no comment.

0327_zac_efron_trhough_years_footer

RedwoodPerch

The "Star Wackers" M.O.:
1. They take your girl.
2. They take your dignity.
3. They take your money.
4. They take your future.
5. They'll take your life.
HEY ZAK !! GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN !!
They have you "chasing" the bug. The "bug" being what once was but will no longer be. They have you wrapped around their little pinky. Time to get out because your "hirable" status is rapidly diminishing. Why throw away what you have left? It's time to pop the bubble. Get out!!

franklyspeaking

His movies are awful..I guess he should Speed Race too..

eicarr

He'll be living out there with Nick Stahl pretty soon.

shakedoggy

i beleeve zack. he has never lyed 2 me bee4

BellaJ

When will he learn? He's had a broken jaw and now a hard punch to the jaw. If it's drugs he seeks there are safer ways to get them!

Clyde T.M. Nestra

I guess it's because he's such a nice, clean-cut looking guy that I feel more sympathy for him. But I do. It is easy to think he was out scoring drugs, but it hope not. Being intoxicated is bad enough considering his history. Good luck, Zac.

BeiberVegasHoHo

Junkie gets a free pass cuz his net worth is prolly 5 million -- Bieber throws an egg and u want him deported!!! LOL Bieber has more money than the next 50 generations of ur family will make. How u like dem apples? Suckers!!!!!!!🔣

Abby S

Time for rehab #3. He don't get it.

Black Dirt Goodness

Obviously the boy is not well yet.

Your S&M Girlfriend

I don't usually give a flip for pretty boys, but for some reason I was really hoping Zac Efron could get his demons behind him. It isn't looking too good for him. I'm still hoping.

Unbroken Chain

This kid needs help quick. People are so Bieber obsessed, this kid has darker issues that can lead to his demise and that should scare his loved ones. I hope he can get well

DiM

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here. All of the best Asian fusion restos in my city are in the "scariest" part of town. I go there ....just not after 830 or so.
Plus, I would think someone with his money and connections would have a discreet deliver to your door dealer. Or even in Carthay or something. lol.

Ozzie X

We are the youth gone wild. ~Skid Row

Cran

Zac if you think we don't know why you were there, you are delusional. You just will not quit will you? Every chance in the world and you just keep on squirreling it up. Idiot.

Skeezix Mcoy

This is a good lesson for all you aspiring greys who think just because you can lift a few weights and stoke a few roids, you can stll get your rear end handed to you by the Ferral folks on the streets.
This is like sending a Lab to a dogfight.