« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chivas USA Star

Latinos Are Baby Making Machines

Of Course We're Taking Over Cali

3/30/2014 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0328-carlos-alvarez-getty-01
MLS player Carlos Alvarez isn't shocked white people are now officially a minority in California because as he puts it, "Latinos have a lot of kids" -- but he tells TMZ Sports he thinks this is the beginning of a revolution.

We spoke to the Chivas USA midfielder about the huge news that Cali's Latino population hit 39% this month ... edging out the white population (38.8%) for the first time.

23-year-old Alvarez is 1 of 6 siblings raised in East L.A. -- born to Mexican immigrant parents -- and says almost everyone he grew up with was also a 1st generation American from a large family.

Alvarez says he thinks the Cali milestone could be huge for the Latino-American community -- "This might cancel people's fears about going to the polls" because they'll feel better represented.

Translation: there's strength in numbers.

Alvarez is a registered voter, but says he's still trying to convince his own parents to turn out on election day.

He adds, “This is a teaching moment for our community to really understand and make sense of the issues – and get out there and vote!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cromulent

Probably shouldn't be using "Chivas USA" and "Star" in the same sentence.

JJ

I do believe illegal immigrants (Not just Mexican-but all illegal immigrants) are the real issue. I myself am first generation to be born here on my dad's side. My Mom's family has been here for generations. My point is my Dad came to this country legally. He had to have a person vouch for him financially, to prove that he wouldn't be a burden on society. Although times became hard, we never used state or federal aid-that was only to be used as an emergency resource. Now a days, it's a lifestyle enhancer to supplement their income. Shoot Walmart uses the gov't programs to supplement their employees wages and benefits. The company shows you how to get aid in their hiring orientation. Why pay living wages and benefits when they can pay less and let the tax payer(gov't) pay for it. Thus, increasing their profits.

(FYI: That struggle was when I was young, but by the time I was a teen we were middle class.)

NoLove

How do i move to canada

kitten roulaine

California is not a "white" state, in fact it's probably the state with the most bi racial people, however being so close to the border San Diego ( Orange County ) is probably the greatest affected. Smart people of any race would not make such a comment ( revolution ) that work's two ways hence immigration reform.

EmmaL27

Awesome! I'm white! Do I get a check now for being a minority?!

Numapass

The liberals will still be saying this was a great idea from their homes in Aspen and Telluride.

F'U

He's making a valid point,mainly about the Mexican community,not including the Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans.

tmzcommenter

Dear TMZ,

Some Latinos are also white (aka ancestors are from Spain)

Marco Polo

This isn't news. They been saying that for a while now.

ELA'S REP

He aint from East Los!! Never seenum around and i stay active roaming the streets all day. Graffiti is my occupation

August Baby 77

The only reason these ppl have so many kids is so they can f uck u up the ass and take money from the state that they never made an honest dollar to earn and take away from the ppl who honestly deserve it

PIncorrect

Why wouldn't they go to the polls...unless they're illegal? This is fabulous, though, right? I mean now my kids can get "white" scholarships, have "white" clubs on campus, have a TV channel for them specifically, sue every time someone looks at them crooked....

ELA'S REP

I dont mind people having alot of kids but make sure you can provide for them and not live off taxes!!!!

PIncorrect

studly

First of all their not Latin,so Mexicans calling themselves Latino is false,they only speak Latin based language,that' the closest they'll come to being Latin,south of the border are Hispanic,c and are not Latin so let's clear that up,I know they think they can fool most of you out there,in dumb down America that are Government has done such a good job at,,already looks like third world in California,,the business's use them for cheap labor,the politicians for votes and the overpopulation of too many people will be the downfall both economically and social collapse ,when the burden of too many people and not enough jobs and other resources to go around ,and then the state and federal safety nest are overburden with trying to sustain the overpopulation problem,cause calif cannot sustain the current population ,the current population in Calif is unsustainable,and the more these Hispanics pop out,the worse it's going to get ,until the only outcome can be collapsing economic and social ,which bring unrest and turmoil,coming sooner ,rather then later,