« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chivas USA Star

Latinos Are Baby Making Machines

Of Course We're Taking Over Cali

3/30/2014 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0328-carlos-alvarez-getty-01
MLS player Carlos Alvarez isn't shocked white people are now officially a minority in California because as he puts it, "Latinos have a lot of kids" -- but he tells TMZ Sports he thinks this is the beginning of a revolution.

We spoke to the Chivas USA midfielder about the huge news that Cali's Latino population hit 39% this month ... edging out the white population (38.8%) for the first time.

23-year-old Alvarez is 1 of 6 siblings raised in East L.A. -- born to Mexican immigrant parents -- and says almost everyone he grew up with was also a 1st generation American from a large family.

Alvarez says he thinks the Cali milestone could be huge for the Latino-American community -- "This might cancel people's fears about going to the polls" because they'll feel better represented.

Translation: there's strength in numbers.

Alvarez is a registered voter, but says he's still trying to convince his own parents to turn out on election day.

He adds, “This is a teaching moment for our community to really understand and make sense of the issues – and get out there and vote!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

UNLV1990

The racial composition of California is not the issue at all. California is a magnet for the super poor and super rich. For both it works really well. If you are in the middle you can't survive. No doubt, the socialists (liberals) have done their best to trash the place. I grew up in The Bay Area, it's really sad to see how it's been trashed. I moved to Nevada, no state income taxes and a higher standard of living. The rich will leave California, that's when the social unrest will start and it will not end well.

sailbyme

That he's proud to be a part of the third world ignorant uneducated poor speaks volumes. Unfortunately he's misinformed, when you run out of white folks to pay for their freebees then what? Third world here we come.

funny people are cool

People could say what they want they want. I am a proud mexican who bought a U.S made car, paid myself through college and my parents never turned to food stamps.

garwilly

Whites...can't go a single post without being racists, and love to cry reverse racism!

r stevens

Every mexican kid I grew up with whose parents had a crap load of kids ALWAYS made their kids raise the younger ones, and the parents just kept crapping out more babies. I felt sorry for them. The 6,7, and 8 year olds were home alone taking care of their 1 and 2 year old siblings and their parents were nowhere around. And there were so many mexican girls that were pregnant at 12, it was ridiculous! You would literally see them pregnant walking down the street next to their pregnant mother, while they were both pushing strollers with their other 5 kids. And they were always really poor. If they can't afford to take care of their kids, they shouldn't be having them!

ProudMexicanAmericanWoman

It's nothing to be ashamed of, I'm proud of my culture, I can say something negative about other races but I'm taking the high road..I love my Big Mexican American Family!!!!! :-)

HumanNature

Mexicans are proof that Indians F u c k e d Buffalo.

ASHY LARRY

I've Never Seen A Black Standing On A Street Corner Early In The Morning,Looking For A Job,Even Just For
One Day.

Jayla

Filthy. In addition to making babies, they also love to make: tuberculosis, cholos, truchas, women with the oddest shaped bodies ever, tricked out Corollas, muddy footpaths right next to existing sidewalks, catcallers who look like Herve Villchaize,30-person human pyramids in 1 bedroom apartments,adobe toilets behind 7-Elevens, and fabulous oragami using nothing but an empty box of Dos Equis. They are talented.

✫✫✫ MiMi's Crappy Donkey Show ✫✫✫

Next time you're in Mexico
go see "Mimi's Crappy Donkey Show"

What MiMi can do is truly amazing.

kingcarl

I hope my Mexican brothers and sisters realize how evil the white man is!

Surfgirl

LOVE MY MIX MEX/WHI FAMILIA..NOT ALL MEX R ON WELFARE OR FOOD STAMPS!! SOME DONT LIKE LATINOS BUT YET I SEE THEM EATING TACOS & BURRITOS LOL

bela

Ignorance and Racism are so prevalent now. The fact is an illegal immigrant CANNOT vote. Another fact is the agriculture industry is having difficulties finding workers because of the lack of illegal immigrants, not just from Mexico but other Latin countries. The problem is that people are always pointing the finger and blaming others for their mistakes and downfalls.

bela

Why doesn't anyone ever look up actual facts before they say the most ignorant comments?

Kiloshi

Blue Ugly., you google to much! Dumb@$$!