Lil Scrappy

'Racist' Salon Owners

Ruined My Kid's B-Day

3/30/2014 3:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0330-lil-scrappy-tmz-01"Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta" star Lil Scrappy says his daughter was left in tears Sunday afternoon ... after a salon owner refused to serve his family because they're black.

Scrappy tells TMZ ... he put a down payment on a little girls salon outside Atlanta for his daughter's birthday party -- but when he and baby mama Erica Dixon arrived 20 minutes late to their 2 1/2 hour appointment, the place wouldn't let them in.

Cops were called -- because Scrappy didn't want to leave without a refund on his down payment -- but officers got him half the money ... and the salon agreed to mail the rest, so he left.

Calls to the salon went unanswered.

whatajoke

Booohooo blacks are bigger racest around

Tracey

Dowtown Atlanta and they are calling it a race issue.LMAO.... I am a stylist. You don't get to show up late and fck up my schedule.

Canada Guy

Maybe by "You people" they meant self entitled folks who think they can show up when they feel like it.
I have a hard time believing people in the ATL have a problem serving black people . Sort of goes with the territory.

TiredOfYourRaceCard

Can we get one thing straight? Blacks are NOT minorities anymore. And they're more racist against whites than any other race out there! Best believe in a company promotion setting, a black person with less skill than another race will get a promotion FIRST so they don't throw that race card, like always. I've seen it happen! Racism continues because blacks want it to continue so they have something to cry about. Sharpton, Jackson, Oprah, all of them keep alienating themselves from everyone with all their "pro-black" propaganda. You're holding yourselves down, not us! Stop shooting each other in the ghettos, stop selling drugs and get a job! It's your own faults...not any other race, but your own!

polo6918

No, they didn't do her hair cause you were late. The more you pull the race card, the weaker it becomes. Stop crying wolf, people are starting to care less.

ABB

Not racism, the saloon :) owners just didn't want any stray bullets in their joint! I would not want any either.

mgray79

I'm calling shena****ns on this one:

"When Scrappy complained, citing the down payment they already paid ... he says the people running the place -- who are white -- allegedly told him they didn't want to serve "you people."

Whereas, if such was the case, they would NOT have taken the down payment.

"but when he and baby mama Erica Dixon arrived 20 minutes late to their 2 1/2 hour appointment, the place wouldn't let them in."

I think that better settles the aspect. It's not a 'racist' thing. If I arrive 20 minutes late to the salon, then I'm pretty sure they'll force me to wait, or cancel my appointment.

Attempting to use 'race' as a 'thing' makes me think about who is really being the racist.

bucktownboy

They do have the right to refuse someone, especially a person that shows up 20 minutes late. The down payment was for that time slot which could have been sold to someone else, you know, someone who has the respect to show up on time. But the easy "claim" is that "we won't serve 'you people'.

KimTx

Regardless of who they are, this is sad. The little girl isn't her parents so she shouldn't be punished because of their shena****ns. How would you you feel if it were your kid?

zombie

Because naturally "you people" means something racist instead of meaning anything else.

wms1950

White or black this is a little girl Birthday these people are wrong for doing that I hope other people would consider going to a different salon

TOM

They were late.....The Salon Takes deposits and I am sure they are NON refundable just incase an ******* like this shows up any time they like...I doubt the words "YOU PEOPLE" were used at all. No Need to Put anyone on BLAST don't be silly....If you have an appointment Just keep it especially if its your daughters birthday....Only one at blame here is LIL Scrappy,he has a pretty expensive watch on to be late.

Rollerlady78

Why did you book a salon you had never been to as a client before?

EJanvier03

I really enjoy how they posed for a picture.

think101

OMG, I don't get it, some of you are saying salon, saloon, beauty parlor, bar er shop. WTH. If its a place that has party's for children just deduct the 20 minutes. If they don't serve Black people, why take a down payment. TMZ you need to start over on this story. Crazy