Lil Scrappy

'Racist' Salon Owners

Ruined My Kid's B-Day

3/30/2014 3:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0330-lil-scrappy-tmz-01"Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta" star Lil Scrappy says his daughter was left in tears Sunday afternoon ... after a salon owner refused to serve his family because they're black.

Scrappy tells TMZ ... he put a down payment on a little girls salon outside Atlanta for his daughter's birthday party -- but when he and baby mama Erica Dixon arrived 20 minutes late to their 2 1/2 hour appointment, the place wouldn't let them in.

When Scrappy complained, citing the down payment they already paid ... he says the people running the place -- who are white -- allegedly told him they didn't want to serve "you people."

Cops were called -- because Scrappy didn't want to leave without a refund on his down payment -- but officers got him half the money ... and the salon agreed to mail the rest, so he left.

Calls to the salon went unanswered.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jennifer

Shouldn't have been late. Tough ****.

PeopleDoTheMost

Well..if they didnt want to serve them then why hold on to their money?

Perky

I call BS on this claim. Lil Scrappy, they didn't want to let you in the place because they were afraid your friends would show up and start shooting up the place. You people = gun-toting gangsta-type, not black.

TuxThePenguin

they were late! salons have timed appointments!

Steve

I'm totally shocked that a black person was late to something.

anniex3

You do have a right to refuse but you do not have the right to be racist!!! And its a kids bday stop being an a**hole...

TheBestHeEverHad

So are they racist or is it really because they were late? Doctor, dentist, hair, massage, etc aren't appointments that you show up to when you want and expect to be seen or at least pay extra. Tmz I need more details before you get people mad.

Obamais still aracist

maybe he should have been on time instead of being a racist, you people could mean exactly that , him and his family but the racist had to play the race card

LB

Well put the shop name on blast. And how are they gonna just give half back and mail the rest?

boo boo

That's pretty crummy. I could understand if they were 20 min late to a one hour appointment, but if they had the place for 2 1/2 hours...just deduct the :20 from the rest of the time and they still pay the full amount. Party on. Not nice to ruin a kid's party for ANY REASON.

jenlolo

Cry me river .... Slow week TMZ ??? Mmm

ariesalyson

Don't be late! They didn't have to let it ruin their little girl's birthday. Not the only place to get your hair done in Atlanta, I'm sure...

K South West

I'm black...and I don't want a Love and Hip Hop riot and reality cameras all in my face and business either...well not unless its keepin up with my grand mumss

BriBriBaby

I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with being 20 minutes late. I was at a salon yesterday where a woman walks in and says "I have an appointment for 3 at 3" and the owner said "No, I spoke to you personally, and you said the appointment was for 1 because the other 2 persons didn't want to come at 3 and now we're booked unless you want to come back later." You cannot try to run a business on YOUR schedule. They take appointments for a reason. Don't know of course what really went down, but I could see a salon refusing service for an appointment that was that late.

Angie

They were late. And he was probably yelling and cussing at them. If you can't be on time then don't waste their time. Don't pull the stupid race card. And they should only have to pay half back since they wasted the salons time by being late.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments